Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

VIP Refund

Sun, May 6, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Hello-
I have VIP passes for tonight's show in Evansville that I cant use. Is there any way to get a refund or sell them? It seems silly that I am out the money and cant get rid of them to someone that really wants to go. Please help.

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: VIP Refund

Sun, May 6, 2012 at 6:30 AM

You, most likely, are shit out of luck.

We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

2. RE: VIP Refund

Sun, May 6, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Check your email for the instructions, and maybe call your GroundCTRL person? See what they say.

Mashed potatoes for eveyone

3. RE: VIP Refund

Sun, May 6, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Unfortunately, that's correct. Unless you purchased the "insurance" from Ticketmaster that gives you a refund in the case that you don't make it to the show period. But besides that, VIPs are not transferable. (when they give you your "swag" they dish it out according to your ID, so the only way possible would be if you were to BE THERE to claim the VIP stuff, and then just hand it to someone else so they could go in for the M&G. But you probably wouldn't do that if you were already there...)

4. MIA avatar MIA

RE: VIP Refund

Sun, May 6, 2012 at 12:06 PM

James S wrote:
    Unless you purchased the "insurance" from Ticketmaster that gives you a refund in the case that you don't make it to the show period.

Be careful with that, read the WHOLE thing. I think you ONLY get refunded if sick (you have to provide Dr. notes) a death (you must provide the death certificate) Just because you can't go...that is not acceptable to them. Whatever the reason you can not go, you have to provide proof. I really dont' recommend "insurance" They had too many reasons why they would NOT refund.

Too bad you can't go, as said they are not transferable. You could probably sell your tickets but not the VIP part, that you'll just have admit defeat and a loss.
    "e"

5. Moderator

Sun, May 6, 2012 at 12:24 PM

@ IZZY try and contact Ground ctrl, since they are the ones in charge and make the rules. It may state there is no refunds, however, but maybe there is a chance if it is a emergency or something. I can't really speak for them so def try and reach out to them first.

Here is there contact info: http://groundctrl.com/#!/contact

Also they are on Twitter @Groundctrl and @Groundctrlvip

Also sometimes Wade from Ground ctrl is here lurking around.... he may see this and reply as well, but def reach out to them and ask any questions. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna
    www.godsmack.com | www.sullyerna.com
    godsmackinfo@yahoo.com | info@sullyerna.com

6. Moderator

Mon, May 7, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Haha. Yes, it seems like I do "lurk" around here! But to try to sort out the answer to your question, I would either call in to 877-GND-CTRL or open a ticket at support.groundctrl.com. Our policy is that packages are non transferable, non refundable, but I know there were many packages sold through Ticketmaster, and if that's the case, I'm not sure what their policy with this is. It's worth a shot!

7. RE: VIP Refund

Mon, May 7, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Hi Wade,

It's reassuring to know that you do poke your head in here and have a look around. It's a good place. You should hang out with us sometimes.

I am in a similar situation with regard to Nashville this Friday. Gold VIP, unexpected personal circumstances preventing me from travel, etc.

Both ground(ctrl) and Ticketmaster told me that they are unable to assist. Non-refundable, non-transferable, we accepted this when we made the purchase, etc. I get this and understand why. Otherwise the system would be jammed with people buying tickets on a whim and expecting a refund.... or transferring the Meet & Greet to someone else and selling it at a profit.

My question for you is: Can I pay the postage to have ground (ctrl) mail the bandana, lithograph and vip laminate to me in my absence?

Thank you

rw

8. Moderator

Re: VIP Refund

Tue, May 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM

razor_wire wrote:
    Hi Wade,

It's reassuring to know that you do poke your head in here and have a look around. It's a good place. You should hang out with us sometimes.

I am in a similar situation with regard to Nashville this Friday. Gold VIP, unexpected personal circumstances preventing me from travel, etc.

Both ground(ctrl) and Ticketmaster told me that they are unable to assist. Non-refundable, non-transferable, we accepted this when we made the purchase, etc. I get this and understand why. Otherwise the system would be jammed with people buying tickets on a whim and expecting a refund.... or transferring the Meet & Greet to someone else and selling it at a profit.

My question for you is: Can I pay the postage to have ground (ctrl) mail the bandana, lithograph and vip laminate to me in my absence?

Thank you

rw

I'm sorry that you're not able to attend the show in Nashville.. I wish I had an answer for you in regards to the merch, but I really don't. I would try to contact our customer service and ask. What I could see that could prohibit us sending your merch, is that alot of times, the VIP merch that's out on the road, doesn't make it back to our warehouse. Do you know someone going to that show (or another) that can possibly pick up the merch for you? (I don't know if this would work/be allowed either, it's just a suggestion).
    Please message me if you have any other questions!

9. Re: VIP Refund

Wed, May 9, 2012 at 7:56 AM

razor_wire wrote:
    Hi Wade,

Thank you

rw

@ RW aka Razor_Wire,

I talked it over with my fiance Leslie, and she's in agreement with my suggestion that we send one of our sets of swag up your way. It doesn't sound as though the proper channels can do much for you, even if they wanted to. Also, her and I agreed that I will forfeit what I have signed this coming Sunday (one of the full page Kodak prints I did last week for all 4 of us), so that you can have a "Taste Of New York" added to our shipment to you.

C