Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

band-fans

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Hi Dom
I wanted to ask are you mentioning us to the band sometimes?
Like hi Dom how is job..well nothing special the folks on the topic are nice and I don't have a lot of work around them
If you do please tell them that we said hi
When I'm good I'm very good BUT when I'm bad I'm better

Replies to This Posting

1. Moderator

Re: band-fans

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Yes! I am always filling them in on things esp feedback on things I like to gather. I like to tell them what things go over big and other things that may not go over so well. It's good for them to know what you guy enjoy so we know to do more things like that in the future and what to scrap. Also if it's one of the guys B-Day or something I will direct them over to either twitter or FB and make sure they read all the love and wishes you guys send over to them. Tony is prob the least internet savy.... but even Shannon who doesn't do the whole social media thing WILL go online and read through stuff people are saying even though he doesn't actually have a Twitter or FB account. We keep him in the loop ;) Robbie is probably the best with the social networking and then I would say Sully. I try to remind him to log on on a bit more... even though I know he is busy a lot.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna
    www.godsmack.com | www.sullyerna.com
    godsmackinfo@yahoo.com | info@sullyerna.com

2. Re: band-fans

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Yeah, but I'm thinking they might be a bit leery of board fans...just a wild hunch.

3. Moderator

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 8:05 PM

The only thing they are leery about is maybe people who start unnecessary drama or over step boundaries. Their families privacy should always be respected, unless they put themselves out there to the fans. (For example like Maria Erna does) It has nothing to do with the boards, it's what people bring to the boards. It's about the the love for the music, what you get from it, and sharing that with other people who love it too
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna

4. Re: band-fans

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I think that's one thing that a lot of people forget, that these guys are human beings and have regular family lives like the rest of us. The difference is their job. Sometimes they just want to go our with their families to dinner, etc, and not be bothered. I mean, if you're a lawyer, would you want someone coming up to you when you're out with your family and asking to take a pic, or sign something? (Hey honey, this is the guy who got me out of my speeding ticket...)
    I've come across plenty of "celebrities" out doing regular things (when you live in a big city, it's fairly common.) And most of them like meeting people, and taking pics etc, as long as it's done with respect to what they're doing. If they're by themselves, and they let it be known its ok, then fine, you can approach them. If they're with their wife at dinner or shopping, eh, wait til next time. It'll happen at some point.

5. Re: band-fans

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I agree that all people should have their privacy.
    They need to have personal life too and I can only imagine how hard is that.
    I believe that sometimes they really had it over.
    But the fans are on the shows because of them and really they are making the show because of the fans..
    We are all very happy for having them and their music.
    I have to say my life is better since I know them,somehow they fill every gap and fit with every mood.
    I just hope that they know and that they are aware for the effect they have.
    We love them and we need a little love back

6. Re: band-fans

Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 5:30 AM

GS Web Mistress wrote:
    The only thing they are leery about is maybe people who start unnecessary drama or over step boundaries.

Exactly what I was referring to.

7. Moderator

Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 2:12 PM

MarleyBlue wrote:
    GS Web Mistress wrote:
    The only thing they are leery about is maybe people who start unnecessary drama or over step boundaries.

Exactly what I was referring to.

The guys in the band are in the public eye (musically) and they get that. They know people may come up to them when they are noticed out and about etc, that's just a given. Their families however shouldn't have to be sought out online or should be contacted out of the blue by fans. (Again, unless they introduce themselves and put themselves out there & say it's ok ) Will they be mean or rude to fans if they are contacted, of course not, but that's not the point. It's simply the point of respecting the bands families privacy and fans respecting boundaries. Most people understand and respect this, but others have a hard time understanding why it's just not cool. They are just trying to be regular people and have their privacy esp with their children. If the actual band or a family member ever wants reach out to a specific person they may have met that has touched their lives or inspired them, they will. Some actually have and gone ahead and even made fan friendly pages for specifically that. The key is, it's on their terms and with their approval... which is completely cool.

I think people loose what being a fan is really about and that stuff has nothing to do with the love for the music. There are some people who feel if they just buddy up to the right people, that they will be granted some sorta special perks. This however is pretty rude and people will eventually catch on to it, if not right away. There are a ton of hard core fans that deserve meeting the band as much as anyone else. There are a ton of fans who have or wanna bring gifts to the guys. There are a ton of fans who's lives have been changed or touched by the music. Who's to say which of these people deserve special perks and who all doesn't?? No one should expect anything or self proclaim they deserve something and are inferior to anyone else. I know fans who are complete die hards, they eat and breath Godsmack, yet have not ever had the chance to see them play live... not even once. Aren't they just deserving? It's just VERY hard to single out specific fans over others.... hence why contests exist. I know there are some that may be specifically geared towards artists or musicians, but a lot of them held determine the winners at random pick. These are better ways for bands to keep things fair to fans and give them the chance to win something special.

People who have gotten special things in the past should be grateful for them. Be happy what what you have gotten, keep the memories close to your heart, but never take advantage of them or become pushy. You could very easily wear out your welcome... as the saying goes. As much time as you spent trying to get them, they could easily be taken away.

As far as the forums nowadays...all good

Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna

8. Re: band-fans

Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I'm truing not to find myself in this lines...
    I don't want someone to think that I expect more than I have now.
    I hope that I didn't leave an impression that I'm too pushy or demanding.
    With all the people here I feel closer to Godsmack than I ever expected to be,and to me having this friends make me feel like I belong,like a a family.
    I love Godsmack and I respect them and their public and personal lives.
    I don't think that we are special and we deserve more than some others.
    I started this topic for fun,without any demands.
    As I mentioned on the begging -If you do please tell them that we said hi

I'm sorry if there was some misunderstanding...

9. Moderator

Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Blagica wrote:
    I'm truing not to find myself in this lines...
    I don't want someone to think that I expect more than I have now.
    I hope that I didn't leave an impression that I'm too pushy or demanding.
    With all the people here I feel closer to Godsmack than I ever expected to be,and to me having this friends make me feel like I belong,like a a family.
    I love Godsmack and I respect them and their public and personal lives.
    I don't think that we are special and we deserve more than some others.
    I started this topic for fun,without any demands.
    As I mentioned on the begging -If you do please tell them that we said hi

I'm sorry if there was some misunderstanding...

This had noting to do with your request Blagica. I was answering someone another comment that had to do with past events. No worries!
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna

10. Re: band-fans

Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Thanks Dom
    I feel better now!

But if we start to act crazy or something like that please let us know ok?

11. Re: band-fans

Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 6:14 PM

promise not to laugh dom. but when i asked tony and robbie for a picture and autorgraph at the chaos tour here. i can not tell you how i appreciated they took the time and stopped for us.
    i know they did not have too.
    but i appreciated them taking the time ot of their busy lifes.

12. Moderator

Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 8:15 PM

redkathy wrote:
    promise not to laugh dom. but when i asked tony and robbie for a picture and autorgraph at the chaos tour here. i can not tell you how i appreciated they took the time and stopped for us.
    i know they did not have too.
    but i appreciated them taking the time ot of their busy lifes.

I would never laugh at that. I think it's great and am really happy that you got to meet them, I know you really wanted to

Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna