Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

I think someone should let these guys know...

Tue, May 1, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Hey! I'm not a huge Godsmack fan or anything, They're all right, but I'm not a big metalhead. My dad likes them, though.
Anyway, I think someone really needs to let these guys know that the Westboro Baptist Church of "God Hates F**s" fame (I will not honor their little protest by typing the whole thing) uses the phrase "GodSmack" multiple times on their blog page. I was doing research for a project and stumbled upon it. With all the hate these people put out, I would sue for copyright infringement if I were these guys. I just wanted to bring this to their attention and to their fans' attention if they didn't already know.

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 7:25 AM

You can't copyright words. That'd be like me saying, "I want .15 every time someone says the word 'puffin'.

And as for your godsmack/metal head comment, gs aren't metal. Lesson over.
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

2. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Thanks for the heads up.
    "In your eyes, you can bid me farewell."

3. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 8:31 AM

The-Dark-Gift wrote:
    That'd be like me saying, "I want .15 every time someone says the word 'puffin'.

but it would still be one of the more intelligent things you've said.

4. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 9:06 AM

razor_wire wrote:
    The-Dark-Gift wrote:
    That'd be like me saying, "I want .15 every time someone says the word 'puffin'.

5. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Immune wrote:
    razor_wire wrote:
    The-Dark-Gift wrote:

You both quoted me, still counts as it bring said. Fifteen cents please, from the both of you.
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

6. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Happy to oblige. Meet me in the alley behind Giant Tiger in 10 minutes. Come alone.

7. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 9:52 AM

On my way, me and my paintball gun.

8. MIA avatar MIA

RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 9:59 AM

And here we go....

(I didn't know Giant Tiger was still around)

I know everyone will not agree at this place but it should be a fun place, a place to hang and post, get to know good people. Argue different points but keeping in mind, not everyone thinks like you. It's differences that adds a variety to life.

Most times I ignore the crap because to me, it's just to get a rise out of people and it works. And I'd like to think it's innocent fun. In the end, it's all just typing on a screen, it's how you take it.
    Fact - DG stirs the pot, but he does have funny comments a lot of the time. I'd like to think it's innocent fun.

(and i will admit, I checked this over and over (and probably messed up) the spelling and it's or its. LMAO....thanks MistyA.....hehehehehe)

(I've gone back to edit LOLOLOL,,, i needed this laugh)
    "e"

9. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:05 AM

There's one in Oshawa.

10. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Golly, just trying to give a guy his $0.15 and partake in some healthy and good-natured paintball.
    What the darn tootin' are you talking about Elly?

11. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:09 AM

ah my apologies..... paintball. Can't argue with that.

I thought i saw a battle coming

I have lightened up.... SMACK!
    "e"

12. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:11 AM

No headshots or ball shots.

13. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Grown men who pretend to be vampires don't have balls.

14. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Sorry Elly. It's just so much fun getting the little guy all worked up.

15. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:26 AM

elly wrote:

(and i will admit, I checked this over and over (and probably messed up) the spelling and it's or its. LMAO....thanks MistyA.....hehehehehe)

(I've gone back to edit LOLOLOL,,, i needed this laugh)
    "e"

LOL, no worries elly... I'm only the grammar police for people who are jerks. You done good!
    Miss T

16. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:27 AM

LOL re: all of the above.
    Miss T

17. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:30 AM

see I'd rather joke and have fun then get into serious jabbing.

But really MistyA, i did check it over LMAO.... I am educated but spelling sometimes gets me. LOL
    "e"

18. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:52 AM

elly wrote:
    see I'd rather joke and have fun then get into serious jabbing.

But really MistyA, i did check it over LMAO.... I am educated but spelling sometimes gets me. LOL
    "e"

It gets all of us... even the almighty DG sometimes! That was kinda my point in posting that yesterday. I wasn't trying to be an ass, I swear. Well... maybe I was...
    Miss T

19. Moderator

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Already know about this so called "Church". I just think we should let it be and not give them the time of day or attention even.

Considering Godsmack's name derived from Sully liking the name of the AIC song, I am not sure how that would even work. The term "Godsmack" seems to have many different uses or meanings. AIC's song is a reference to drugs/drug use. Godsmack the band name is a reference to karma (refer back to the cold sore story) and this church is using it in the form of hate.

The real fans of this band know what the bands name and meaning behind it stems from, so I don't think we should worry about anything else.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna
    www.godsmack.com | www.sullyerna.com
    godsmackinfo@yahoo.com | info@sullyerna.com

20. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Maybe after paintball we all could grab a burger. DG is buying.