Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

I think someone should let these guys know...

Tue, May 1, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Hey! I'm not a huge Godsmack fan or anything, They're all right, but I'm not a big metalhead. My dad likes them, though.
Anyway, I think someone really needs to let these guys know that the Westboro Baptist Church of "God Hates F**s" fame (I will not honor their little protest by typing the whole thing) uses the phrase "GodSmack" multiple times on their blog page. I was doing research for a project and stumbled upon it. With all the hate these people put out, I would sue for copyright infringement if I were these guys. I just wanted to bring this to their attention and to their fans' attention if they didn't already know.

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Maybe after paintball we all could grab a burger. DG is buying.
    "In your eyes, you can bid me farewell."

2. MIA avatar MIA

RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 2:19 PM

MistyA wrote:
    elly wrote:
    see I'd rather joke and have fun then get into serious jabbing.

But really MistyA, i did check it over LMAO.... I am educated but spelling sometimes gets me. LOL
    "e"

It gets all of us... even the almighty DG sometimes! That was kinda my point in posting that yesterday. I wasn't trying to be an ass, I swear. Well... maybe I was...
    Miss T

I knew exactly what you were doing. As he went after redkathy for her oop's, you were just pointing out we are ALL human and make mistakes. I didn't think you were an a$$. All is fair with poo's...... i mean oop's....yes i did that on purpose hehe

And back to topic... cause we got off track...again. Dom summed it up.... KARMA, cold sore etc etc. it's KARMA baby.....
    what goes around comes around.....yep it does....proof is in the spelling..
    "e"

3. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Pudding*
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

4. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Thu, May 3, 2012 at 5:36 AM

razor_wire wrote:
    Grown men who pretend to be vampires don't have balls.

Simply can't resist (Right Elly? Lol!) But since our 16 yr vamp who has yet to show me he's an adult, is @ it again, I want to "thank him" for starting out my morning with a chuckle or two....or three. Wait...is it correct grammar to spell out numbers, or simply display them numerically? Darned if I know....I'm just a working class fool!

Question: if real vampires have balls.....are they blue balls? Just askin'...
    C

5. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Thu, May 3, 2012 at 5:57 AM

I'm only messin' with DG....I just think he shouldn't take everything so seriously - life is too darned short, to be so condescending to others.

Having said that....I'm not surprised that some religious fanatics would take offense @ a word like Godsmack. It appears that they are just taking a word with "God" in it, and using that to bolster their personal opinions, so that they can their congregation to hand over all their hard earned cash....all in God's name. And NO...I'm not singling out any religious belief, but am really tired of seeing ministers who run off with the mouth, in God's name....and then are either charged with several counts of molestation or blatant misapropriation (spell check...lol) of funds.

The Urban Dictionary states that the word "Godsmack" is another word for a heroin overdose.....
    .....but we as fans, know the meaning came from Sully bustin' on one of his boys for having a cold sore, only to have one himself the very next day....and said that he was God Smacked for his bustin' chops the day before.

The moral to this story...?
    C

6. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Thu, May 3, 2012 at 7:13 AM

16...?
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

7. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Thu, May 3, 2012 at 10:42 AM

DG, what's your secret?? Is there a pill you can take to actually reverse the aging process?

It's a different world here these days, eh? You need to find some of your old cohorts and get them back here. You seem like a man on an island...and without Amy Lee or Avril!

8. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Thu, May 3, 2012 at 11:10 AM

No idea. Must be doing something right.

And yes, I agree. A very lonely island. It all seems very slim on getting those people from the old forums over here.

9. MIA avatar MIA

Fri, May 4, 2012 at 9:13 AM

The-Dark-Gift wrote:

A very lonely island.

But I've kept you company... even when you munch on my crickets!!
    "e"

10. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Fri, May 4, 2012 at 10:15 AM

That's true but I was referring to being lonely in other areas;) if you wish to help with that, that'd be cool too.

11. MIA avatar MIA

Fri, May 4, 2012 at 10:37 AM

LOL you are too cute!
    "e"

12. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Fri, May 4, 2012 at 11:14 AM

elly wrote:
    ... even when you munch on my crickets!!

gross. get a room you two.

13. RE: I think someone should let these guys know...

Fri, May 4, 2012 at 11:22 AM

She loves it when I munch.... On her crickets.