Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

CONCERT?

Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 5:02 PM

I was just wondering if anyone here had floor tickets(the ones with out the seats) before, if the crowed gets really wild (mosh pit) or if they stay in one area and do it, i have never been to a concert and am just wondering if it is "safe" or should i just stay to the side cause i dont wanna die lol

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: CONCERT?

Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 10:48 AM

I'm going to pretty much agree with what everyone has already said. It really depends on how much pain your willing to take. I've broken my ribs on two different occasions being on the rail and have deemed it worthwhile. It's also good to make friends with the people around you, especially if they are bigger (which is the way it is for 90% of my concert attendances). Letting a big muscular guy hold on to the rail on both sides of you can be a great protective barrier. If it gets to be too much you can ask a security guard and they, plus the people around you, will get you out of the situation. One of the biggest suggestions I can give you is DON"T PANIC!!!
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing?

2. Re: CONCERT?

Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 12:45 PM

It depends on how bad you want to be close, what are you are willing to deal with and the venue. I have been in the PIT for 3 Godsmack shows, Camden, Scranton and Saratoga Performing Arts Center.

Camden and Scranton were incredibly crowded, so crowded that I couldn't even lift up my arms. Too many tickets were sold for those PITS or people somehow got in without tickets.There were some real assholes in those pits, people who were incredibly rude and even some fights. At Scranton, some dbag punched a girl and some other guy punched him in the face and knocked flat on his ass. Sully saw all of this, stopped the show and brought the guy who saved the girl on stage to watch the show backstage and hang out with the band!!

Last night at SPAC was a really good PIT. More than enough room at the back rail and on the sides. if you wanted to be in the midst of the madness, you could, but if you didn't you could step back, still be close and still have a human amount of space. Security was really good there and people enjoyed themselves without infringing on people around them.