Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Godsmack vs Linkin Park Cage Match

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Following last night's vengeful rebound and skull crushing defeat over those who shall remain nameless... time for round two:

Reigning champion Rocky Mountain Way is now pitted against the new single from Linkin Park in Loudwire's Cage Match.

Rocky is off to a solid start, currently seated 58.33% over Burn It Down at 41.67%.

When Godsmack take 5 concurrent wins they will enter the Cage Match Hall of Fame.

Voting ends Friday at 8am.

This is no time to get complacent.

VOTE... DO IT!

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Godsmack vs Linkin Park Cage Match

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Many of my best friends have come in Chester's mouth.

64.62% Godsmack

35.38% Linkin Park

VOTE!

2. RE: Godsmack vs Linkin Park Cage Match

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Well whatever he's doing, his music is improving whereas gs' is staying the same.
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

3. RE: Godsmack vs Linkin Park Cage Match

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 12:04 PM

my Dad's bigger than your Dad.

4. RE: Godsmack vs Linkin Park Cage Match

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Voted!

5. MIA avatar MIA

RE: Godsmack vs Linkin Park Cage Match

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:15 PM

razor_wire wrote:

You and DG will get along just fine.....same humour...but then again you're both Ont. peeps.
    "e"

6. RE: Godsmack vs Linkin Park Cage Match

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:31 PM

The-Dark-Gift wrote:
    I'm not actually. Every album LP put out was great, gs stopped entertaining me after awake.

LP for the win.
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

Seriously Linkin Park? You Just lost all credibility with that.
    "In your eyes, you can bid me farewell."

7. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I like LP. not as much as GS but I like them.

It's ok to have all kinds of muscial tastes. I mean someone likes Lemmy. (hehe)
    "e"

8. RE: Godsmack vs Linkin Park Cage Match

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:38 PM

elly wrote:

"e"

That's Cool...I hate LP no need for hip hop in rock music.

9. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Numb is damn good.... but I see your point. Chester has a damn good scream though.. it's the other guy that i'd lose
    "e"

10. RE: Godsmack vs Linkin Park Cage Match

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I like Linkin Park as well. I saw them live in February of 2011 and they were really great. I meant no disrespect to Linkin Park in anyway.

That said, having seen both bands play live, I can say without any uncertainty that Godsmack are by far the superior band.

...and I didn't say that I liked Lemmy. I said he was waaaaaaaay cuter than Sully.

11. RE: Godsmack vs Linkin Park Cage Match

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 2:23 PM

ummmmm, getting back on track.

Just checked the stats and it's currently looking like this:

78.49% Godsmack

21.51% Linkin Park

For those of you just getting here... Please read the first post, skip all the useless crap about Chester Bennington's mouth and then VOTE!

12. RE: Godsmack vs Linkin Park Cage Match

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Immune wrote:
    elly wrote:

"e"

Tell that to anthrax and aerosmith and all the other rock bands who did that years before linkin park even existed.

13. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 4:35 PM

yes.... VOTE

and don't hold it against him that he said Lemmy was way cuter..... he's probably having one too many beers

"e"

14. RE: Godsmack vs Linkin Park Cage Match

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 5:18 PM

The-Dark-Gift wrote:
    Immune wrote:
    elly wrote:

"e"

Tell that to anthrax and aerosmith and all the other rock bands who did that years before linkin park even existed.

Ok, I will. I will tell them right this second.

15. RE: Godsmack vs Linkin Park Cage Match

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 5:22 PM

razor_wire wrote:

Some things in life simply never change...Lmao!

I contemplated voting days ago, but am simply way too consumed with work & other stupid things.....BUT....if the truth be known, The Crue has a place in my life decades ago as GS has now....so I wouldn't be able to vote...and be decisive.

I do however agree that LP has become more "techno" and rap-oriented....and as time rolled on, I became less interested in them. I'm a hard core rock-n-roll fan....plain & simple.
    C

16. RE: Godsmack vs Linkin Park Cage Match

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Godsmack are currently beating the snot out of Linkin Park (as they should be).

74.42% Godsmack

25.58% Linkin Park

To reiterate, when Rocky Mountain Way takes this match it will be the second win in a row. When Godsmack take 5 concurrent rounds they enter Loudwire's Cage Match Hall of Fame. Voting ends Friday at 8am.

Godsmack are well ahead.. but it is still important that you VOTE!

"Power resides only where men believe it resides."

17. RE: Godsmack vs Linkin Park Cage Match

Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 6:19 AM

Godsmack take the win!

73.26% Godsmack - Rocky Mountain Way

26.74% Linkin Park - Burn It Down

See ya'll next week for round Three.

"Power resides only where men believe it resides."

18. RE: Godsmack vs Linkin Park Cage Match

Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 7:28 AM

I like Godsmack better. All of their albums are good. Linkin Park's first two albums were good, but when Minutes To Midnight came out I stopped listening to Linkin Park as much as I used to.

19. MIA avatar MIA

Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:58 AM

So I guess Godsmack won......who is next? I'm ready to vote...
    "e"

20. RE: Godsmack vs Linkin Park Cage Match

Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:56 AM

VOTING
    http://loudwire.com/godsmack-vs-five-finger-death-punch-cage-match/
    Getting back, Back on track, Get off of my back