Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

New Orleans ROCKED by Godsmack!!!!

Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 7:41 PM

What a fuckin great show!!!! 4th time seeing GODSMACK was the best yet by far. Not sure what pissed Sully off before the show, but he took it out on a crazy New Orleans crowd. Come back soon please

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: New Orleans ROCKED by Godsmack!!!!

Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 4:04 AM

Sorry to hear that something was wrong. I saw them at Earthday Birthday 19, and they were on fire! Great show! Question for the GS moderator, Why can't you find out exactly what happened and post the truth? I believe you should have the contacts to do so. I really don't like to read bad reviews about a band that has killed it all of the 14 times I've seen them. Thanks!

2. RE: New Orleans ROCKED by Godsmack!!!!

Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Dominique I hope you don't mind me now quoting you "Sorry you were disappointed, but there was a few glitches and things that happened that day. Not going to get into details, but sometimes things happen that are not controllable. I will tell you this though, every night these guys work there asses off with the intention to bring it 150% for each and everyone out there. You have to understand, however, things can happen that are unplanned. There can be technical issues, things may break, stuff may some up.. the list goes on. Believe me, it bums the guys and crew out JUST as much as you, because they want every show to be 150% for all of you. You have to lean to take the good and the bad though and make the best of it. Even when things come up I KNOW those guys are out there doing the best they can to make sure the show goes on each and every night, even if they have to leave out something like the drum duel. They would NEVER intentionally do something like that on purpose to to make anyone feel ripped off.... and that is the truth."

I have been in music since I have been born, I will give you and everyone else that reads this a secret on who I am, my last name is Vaughan. That's right Cousin to the late great Stevie Ray and Jimmy. If you know that you know who my father is. You say YOU know that Godsmack is doing their best and giving 150% to their music and shows yet I have never seen that since this was the first time my daughter, my friends and I have never seen them in a live show. I on the other hand know exactly what it takes to put on a show as I have been a drummer all my life. I will say that I sent emails to both bands and to the link you provided in a personal email to me for Sully, I received an email of gratitude from Staind in 2 days. I have yet to hear from anyone but you from Godsmack. This was a very much hyped tour with contests and VIP giveaways so technical issues and problems that spring up I can understand as I have been there. There is also a word that has been missing from all of this, Improvisation which every great musician knows what is involved and can be worked on the fly. Staind had NONE of these issues so if I were a production manager working for Godsmack I would have said let's not do the dueling drums. Let's borrow a known working Mic from Staind, play the first part of the playlist which they did, split the show with some acoustic and play Serenity, Going Blind, etc... That's called Improvisation and that's only one idea. Now on to missing the dueling drums. That's only one part of the show and a quick "we will not be doing the dueling drums tonight for technical or safety issues" would have been fine "instead we decided to do this for you guys that we have never done before but do it all the time in the studio" would have been a show to remember therefore I would have been fine with that. Please don't get me wrong, I do believe that all 4 members of the band are highly skilled and talented musicians and are very good at what they do. I will end my rant with this my daughter who is about to turn 18 has been to about 20 different shows with me, and as a father that brought his 2 best friends with him to a highly anticipated show it was a huge let down to see his daughter almost in tears after the show as she adores Sully. Randy Jackson of Zebra loves her as do most that meet her. I am a Desert Storm Vet and served our great Country. Try and remember one thing if it means anything at all to anyone who reads this, "First Impressions are Lasting Ones" my father told me that when I was a boy. Staind sent a very nice email to me, Godsmack or Sully I have yet to hear from. 150% for a show, maybe share some of that with the fan's that spent their hard earned money for a show that was supposed to be Chaotic in the first place.

3. RE: New Orleans ROCKED by Godsmack!!!!

Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Have seen this band four times, never had an experience as you described. Every band probably has a bad day. Since 1980 I also have paid good money and been dissappointed in shows here and there.. (Guns and Roses, Stone Temple Pilots, Stones) so it happens... Ill give the bands I like an occassional pass for an off day, pay my money, and move on with a life experience. Goes with the territory I believe.

4. RE: New Orleans ROCKED by Godsmack!!!!

Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Remember Joe DiMaggio's famous line when asked "why do you play so hard every minute of every game'...he answered that "out there may be somebody seeing him play for the first time and he wanted them to get their moneys worth and be everything they expected and more"

5. RE: New Orleans ROCKED by Godsmack!!!!

Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 10:32 AM

We were at the show in Lubbock, Texas last night. The show itself was great. But what a nightmare trying to get my tickets. I purchased them from Godsmack.com on January 30 and paid for three day shipping. Two weeks prior to show, no tickets. I called ground control and was told they didn't have tix yet but will get them in time to ship. Monday before show still no tix. Called ground control again. Was told "we sent out an e-mail that all tix will be will call as there was no time to ship.". I never received an e-mail. Got to venue around 2:30pm day of show. Box office had tickets for everyone except those of us who bought from Godsmack.com. Doors opened at 5:30 and stiil no tix for any of us who are in the fan club. Finally we were given tickets that were leftovers from another show, not even a Godsmack show. Not a good experience for the fan club members. We felt like the red-headed step-children who were forgotten about. And I still haven't been refunded the shipping fees I paid when I bought the tickets. If this is how they treat their fans I will think twice before renewing my membership.

6. Moderator

RE: New Orleans ROCKED by Godsmack!!!!

Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 12:12 PM

@BIG_BOSS .... Check your email I did reply to you there :).

Again these guys are out there working their asses off each and every night. I don't know how much more I can stress that knowing these guys on a personal level how much they give. The last thing this band wants to to purposely disappoint ANYONE, esp after knowing people have spent their hard earned money to see a live show. It completely bums them out to think of any fan walking away disappointed, it;s the last thing they ever want. This band has been around for many many years and are very seasoned at being out on the road and things happening. They do everything they can at that given point of time to try and fix and prevent a show from going less then perfect, but again there are some things we just cannot control. I think it's safe to say if we can take back things from going wrong or happening in our life, we all would,but unfortunately we cannot go back in time and do so.

They do what they can to make sure the show does go on, even if the lights go out, or their is a power surge, or a amp breaks.. etc etc. Not every single show is going to go perfectly, even if they have that intent or not. Life throws curve balls out way all the time, and we do what we can to get through it and move.

I have seen this band perform live prob well over 40 times now. I can honestly say I have never walked away from any given one show disappointed or have ever felt ripped off. Where some shows better then others, yes, but that is completely normal for ANY band. This doesn't mean they are not going out their trying their best each and every night. There are places where I am sure the crowd is stronger at then other shows, but that doesn't mean the band walks off stage because of it...or calls off the tour. They will always keep on keeping... and hope people will understand that things always can't go 100% perfectly each and every night. We are only human.

With all that being said and done I will again apologize on behalf of the whole GS camp to anyone who has walked away from any shows disappointed and bummed out. It's honestly the last thing they want, but in their defense again, they do the best they can out there... Just know that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna
    www.godsmack.com | www.sullyerna.com
    godsmackinfo@yahoo.com | info@sullyerna.com

7. Moderator

Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Harley Chick do me a favor.... will you send me a email regarding your VIP experience so I can forward it to the Ground ctrl staff? Godsmackinfo@yahoo.com Thanks, I just want to make sure they see it and a sorry to hear you had issues. Next time, and this goes to anyone having issue contacting them, feel free to email me directly and I will make sure they get the issue taken care of prior to the show.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna
    www.godsmack.com | www.sullyerna.com
    godsmackinfo@yahoo.com | info@sullyerna.com

8. RE: New Orleans ROCKED by Godsmack!!!!

Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 12:41 PM

@bighoss, I didn't bash you. But I think your response proved my point. Relax and enjoy the music.
    I also deleted my previous post as you felt disrespected by my words. As for my identity, this is a godsmack forum, so all you need to know about me is they are my favorite band.
    Peace.

9. MIA avatar MIA

Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I'm not sure if all is happy again but I thought Dom's words were perfect.
    I don't see bands trying to tick off fans and they do their best to provide a great show and experience. That's what they do. Not everyone will like it.
    And somewhere there was a comment that not all shows ROCK --- so true. Can't say I;ve enjoyed all the Aerosmith shows I've seen but it happens.
    I had a GREAT experience with Grd Control and Godsmack. So I hope you'll decide to see them again,
    "e"

10. RE: New Orleans ROCKED by Godsmack!!!!

Sun, May 6, 2012 at 4:09 PM

razor_wire wrote:
    They did the drum battle at the Mayhem shows I went too as well. Sounds like there is a really good reason that Sully was pissed. I am really sorry that you didn't get the full experience.

"find yourself and lose it at the rock show"

Leticia Loupe

11. RE: New Orleans ROCKED by Godsmack!!!!

Sun, May 6, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Im just reading all this about the concert... I've also seen Godsmack quite a few times. We all know something had to happen for these guys not to be able to give the crowd what they wanted to. Im sure Sully made the best decision possible with what he had to work with at the UNO arena. Sometimes things happen that are out of our control. We can only do the best with what we got. Godsmack always puts on a great show. Last time I saw them was with Metallica at the New Orleans Arena and they blew Metallica out the water;(figuretively speaking).. My opinion I love the way Sully works up the crowd. If ur truly a Godsmack fan, the energy that their music gives you, should be enough. It was for me.
    Leticia Loupe

12. Re: New Orleans ROCKED by Godsmack!!!!

Thu, May 10, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I believe that they just ran out of time. I believe the curfew at UNO is 11PM and they were forced to cut the setlist short, which is what I think pissed Sully off as he mentioned. They just had too many bands on the bill and not enough time allotted. I was disappointed in the short time they played, but they rocked every second of it. Oracle live was friggin awesome!!! I missed the drum battle the last time they were here in 2004, (I was backstage meeting Metallica when Godsmack was on stage) so I was looking forward to seeing it live. They should have just left the first band off the bill, Man Made Machine (they were OK - not as good as Halestorm). There was also a couple of soundcheck problems in between each band that took to long to fix. Just a bad night for the crew. Can't complain about 4-1/2 hours of live music for $45. Cheapest ticket of any concert I've been to in the last 8 years. Metallica and Godsmack was $90 in 2004!!!