Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

FYI: Belton Show and VIP Experience Details

Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I want to write this in hopes of answering so many questions I've seen and that I had myself before the show. Here's my experience with the Gold VIP package and show:

- Got my GA tix in the mail 5 days beforehand.

- Received the email about where to go and when to be there less than 48 hours beforehand -- specifically, it was around 8:00pm on Fri for a Sun eve show (WAY too late to send this information in my opinion). This is exactly what it said:

Hello Everyone,

This is a one-time informational email for the upcoming Godsmack VIP event taking place at the Bell County Expo Center on 04/22/12.

Please make sure to bring your photo ID and meet at the box office NO LATER than 4:15pm. At this time, all VIP merchandise will be distributed and Gold VIPs will be checked in for the VIP Meet and Greet.

For all you twitter users out there, make sure to follow the groundctrl VIP account to stay up to date with the most exciting VIP packages available!

Have a question? Please contact our Customer Support by submitting a support request at support.groundctrl.com. Additionally, for urgent matters you may call 1-877-GND-CTRL / Monday - Friday, 9:30am - 5:30pm PST

Be safe and have a great show!

- We arrived at 4 and received a very nice black and white lithograph (i.e. poster), a VIP badge with lanyard, and a bandana.

- There were around 40 VIP people. Around 4:35, we were taken backstage in a line and were told they would sign one item only and there could be no pictures or video. Paris, our guide, did say that Sully would also sign his book if we had it. There were no restrictions on what they could sign. People had all kinds of stuff. Most of us had them sign the lithograph. It's definitely frameable. We were told a photographer would take our picture with the band.

- We went in and the guys were sitting at a table with white tablecloths that they had drew on: Robbie, Sully, Shannon, and then Tony. They were all very nice and Sully was (thankfully) in a good mood and joking around with everyone.

- We had autographs signed. They had a variety of pens-- black and silver-- for them to choose from and the guys were sensitive to what would show up best on your item.

- We then got back in line and had pictures taken by a photographer. Hopefully they will be posted on here soon! And hopefully I don't look like a total dork since she gave us absolutely no time to get in position. Most of us set our stuff down on the table before having the pics taken.

- Then, to everyone's dismay, we were ushered back out of the building and told to get in line... the back of the line. People had been lining up for hours already and there were at least 1000 people ahead of me. Really disappointing to pay for a very special experience-- 4x what everyone else paid-- and then be booted to the back of line. STUPID. I have seen some people complain that we were promised early access and crowd-free shopping, but I believe that was a previous package. I was not promised this on the one I bought. No seeing the sound check either.

- Alas, a few beers will cure any ails. Man Made Machine came on first and played about 4 songs. Their sound was awful. You could barely hear the singer and couldn't hear anything he was saying.

- Halestorm was next and they were great, although the sound still wasn't up to par. They were selling autographed CDs for $10. They're pretty bad ass I think.

- Staind came on and put on an ok show. Their range of musical talents is pretty stunning but a bit disconcerting when all jumbled together in one set. Going from metal screaming to acoustic country ballads and back again can be jarring. Aaron Lewis pretty much stands still a good bit of the time, but Mike Mushok is fun to watch.

- Oh and then THE boys came on out and put on a hell of a show as usual. Nothing new or really different, but then you don't fix what's not broken. They must have special speakers just for them b/c they sounded a million times better than the other 3 bands... crystal clear sound. Robbie looked, as always, like he loves his job and loves the crowd. Sully was the amazing performer and character we all know and love. Tony was Mr. Calm and Cool and sounded fantastic. Shannon was wicked good and entertaining as usual. Their set seemed short, but I think it might have been because I kinda never want them to stop playing. Here's the set list:

Awake
Straight Out of Line
The Enemy
Good Day to Die
The Oracle
Cryin Like a Bitch
Keep Away
Speak
Love Hate Sex Pain
Voodoo
Drum Battle
Whatever
I Stand Alone

Pretty disappointed that there was no Re-Align and no encore. :-(

And that's how it went. I had a wonderful time and love them a little more every time I see them. I would be happy to answer any questions anyone has about how it went. I know I had some beforehand.
Miss T

Replies to This Posting

1. MIA avatar MIA

RE: FYI: Belton Show and VIP Experience Details

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Great pix! Big smiles... don't you love that? Meeting a group you admire and the lasting pix.. sweet!!!
    "e"

2. RE: FYI: Belton Show and VIP Experience Details

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 2:17 PM

OK now this is one hell of a good explanation.
    I enjoined reading it and I can just imagine how you felt there.

Their set seemed short, but I think it might have been because I kinda never want them to stop playing.
    So true

I hope you will share some pictures or some video too.
    Thanks a lot
    Hugs
    Getting back, Back on track, Get off of my back

3. RE: FYI: Belton Show and VIP Experience Details

Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Blagica wrote:

I hope you will share some pictures or some video too.

If I could figure out how to post pics, I would. I tried to post some, but they won't show up... just little boxes! Help!?
    Miss T

4. MIA avatar MIA

Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 8:03 AM

let's see if i can word this helpful....

http://www.imageshack.us/

top right corner....to sign up, then log in

it's got the part where you can browse for the pix you want to add in. - Click on browse, find your pix.
    then do the drop down box for the size you want...
    click on upload now

then underneath your pix is a bunch of different links to it. click to hlight the whole 2nd link (direct link)

then copy it. (control C) now come back to your message here and click on the picture box

Control V to paste in that link you copied.'

then finish typing your message or just click submit..... and you should see your pix that you wanted...

"e"

5. RE: FYI: Belton Show and VIP Experience Details

Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Thanks! Let's see if this works... I really didn't get any good video or great concert pictures... as I mentioned we didn't get to sit very close to the stage since we had to go to the back of line (thank you ground ctrl). And I am still recovering from knee surgery, so there was no going on the floor this time.

But here are the goodies we got:

And here's me and the hubs at the show:

Miss T

6. MIA avatar MIA

Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:31 PM

YAY, you got it.
    Nice looking couple
    Unfortunately our pix from 2011 are taken down now. Nice loot and nice you got it. We waited over 6 months for ours to be mailed to us. And I got ONE set of dog tags...it still makes me laugh. I waited 6 months for this?? But I do love them and glad I finally did get something.
    "e"

7. Re: FYI: Belton Show and VIP Experience Details

Fri, May 11, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I totally wanted the VIP pkg for Binghamton but guess I missed it cuz it sold out waited to long, but since you got at the back of the line guess I shouldn't be disappointed I totally like to be close to the stage ever since I had that first experience can't wait Sunday to rock it's a good mothers day present I gave myself :)

8. Re: FYI: Belton Show and VIP Experience Details

Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 6:10 PM

hmm wonder how Missy is doing. I miss her and saw she started this post so I thought I'd bump it to piss Razor off. or to start a bump up thread war.

9. Re: FYI: Belton Show and VIP Experience Details

Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:09 AM

war,war,war I'm starting to be a bit afraid of you ...
    it is good that I'm not razor in this moment...
    " Smile, it's the second best thing you can do with your lips.."