Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :
BG avatar BG

Once again..

Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Godsmack stole the show last night at Bristow. Its really not fair to whoever plays after them. This was my 7th time seeing them and they always kill it. Ill post more of a review later today as Ive had 1.5 hours of sleep and am going into work now (ugh). It was just a basic settlist, but that was ok with me. My fav song was The Enemy, just for the extended version with Shannon rockin the sh*t out of the double bass. That was just badass.

Ok now seriously going into work.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Once again..

Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 5:20 AM

Damn you have to work on Labor Day? WTF. Of course they stole the show, they are the best.

2. Re: Once again..

Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 10:47 AM

just as we all expected :) they are the best!!!
    " Smile, it's the second best thing you can do with your lips.."

3. BG avatar BG

Re: Once again..

Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 2:26 PM

We got there right at the start of the day's activities. I wanted to see every band, it's just the way I am. The side stage acts were all really good. I could have done without Deuce tho, he was probably my least favorite. There was a band from Brazil called "Cruz" who I thought played really well. Other highlights were Candlelight Red and of course, In This Moment. That lead singer is something else, some kind of sexy..but anyways. Thats a whole other story :). POD closed out the side show but we left there and went over to the mainstage and watched Shannon practicing the drum battle. He is such an amazing drummer, even just to watch practice.
    Adelita's Way started the mainstage shows. They weren't anything spectacular but sounded good. They have some hits and was cool hearing them live. Staind was up next. This was 3rd time ive seen Staind. They were really impressive. I know what to expect from them. Not much crowd interaction, they just play their songs and they're done, lol. They finished with Mudshovel, my fav of theirs.

So next up is what we waited for all day. Again, my 7th time and was just as good as the 1st. Here's the setlist.

1. The Enemy (double bass addition was so awesome)
    2. Keep Away
    3. Cryin like a Bitch
    4. Straight out of Line
    5. Awake
    6. Realign
    7. Speak
    8. Voodoo
    9. Drum Battle
    10. Whatever
    11. I Stand Alone

Pretty basic, as expected for a festival setlist. But they extended alot of the songs. The drum battle I noticed a few different beats added. Also, Shannon was tearing that double bass up in alot of their songs. Just little tweaks I noticed that made them so much better. They got the crowd pumped and going the whole set, never a dull moment. Solid 10 out of 10 performance, yet again.

Now, going against the majority on here...I stayed for Shinedown. I saw Shinedown open for Godsmack quite a number of years ago and that's the way it still should be. They've gotten a little "pop" with their stage show. But they have some great songs, and they sounded great. My favs from them were "Fly From the Inside" (closer), "Bully" (love that song), and "Devour". During "Devour", Maria from "In This Moment" came on stage and sang with them. That was a nice little touch to their performance :).

Anyways, my phone died during Godsmack so my pictures are few. I'll put what I have up soon, if anyone wants to see them.

BG

4. BG avatar BG

Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Oh, and I crushed those free Rockstar energy drinks. Along with free Slurpees and beef jerky. LOL.

5. Re: Once again..

Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 2:53 PM

cool, glad you had a great time. 10/10 review!

6. BG avatar BG

Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 4:15 PM

~StangChick~ wrote:
    Damn you have to work on Labor Day? WTF. Of course they stole the show, they are the best.

Well didn't HAVE to but I chose to. Can't pass up the Holiday pay. Gotta pay for concerts and sh*t somehow.

7. Re: Once again..

Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 5:37 PM

swell review BG.

8. BG avatar BG

Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Also, I hope they NEVER stop opening shows with "For Those About To Rock". That song just pumps you up, plus with the videos on the screen. I think its cool they show respect and homage to those that came before them. I heard people sayin they wished they would change up the Drum Battle. That's another thing I hope never changes. Besides its more like one of their "songs". You don't go changing up songs. Another awesome way to show respect to those who paved the way, Aerosmith, Rush, Metallica, etc.. I noticed they threw a litte "Creeping Death" into the drum battle last night. That was different from every other time Ive seen it.

9. BG avatar BG

Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 3:04 PM

The camera on my phone absolutely SUCKS.. but anyways here a few pics..

10. Re: Once again..

Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Not bad..thanx for sharing..sharing is caring.

11. Re: Once again..

Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 6:39 AM

Yes, thanks for sharing, they aren't that bad. Great memories! And like SC said, sharing is caring!

12. BG avatar BG

Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM

And I do care...especially when it comes to SC and Elly.

13. Re: Once again..

Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Oh i thought you were gonna say something else...rats.

14. BG avatar BG

Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 2:53 AM

"Rats", lmao. Haven't heard that since Charlie Brown days.

Oh and my post is fixed.

15. Re: Once again..

Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I really wish I had arrived in time to see In This Moment.

16. BG avatar BG

Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM

They were good. Was hopin to hear "Gun Show" but they didn't play it. Their new CD is really good, imo.