Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :
RBT avatar RBT

SPAC Fri Aug 19

Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Just wanted to say that I've been a diehard fan since I first saw them back in 2001 and have seen them 6 times. Last nights show was the same old show that I've seen the past 4 times that they came through this area! Even the drum solos are too predictable now. And whoever is doing the sound.... maybe take a walk in the crowd and see how distorted the music was and most times couldn't understand what was being sung. Great musicians but they need to come up with something new. Don't think I'll be going to see them again anytime soon unless they come out with some new material. Heard that from a lot of people on their way out.... Sorry Guys

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: SPAC Fri Aug 19

Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 2:16 PM

I agree with you. I love the band and they put on a great show. But it is the same thing every time, Sully even uses the same exact lines from show to show. They need to mix it up a bit.

The sound was TERRIBLE! I was in the PIT, the bass was overbearing and everything was very distorted. I moved to some other areas of the place and it was still bad. I actually left before the show was over.

Five Finger Death Punch had some sound issues when they first came out, I actually couldn't hear the singing or the guitars, but they fixed it. Second time seeing 5FDP, they really killed it, what a great set. I can't wait to see them again with a full set.

2. Re: SPAC Fri Aug 19

Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Are you f---ing kidding me ??? are you theatre critics or what ??? I saw them in in little LaFargeville NY last night ant they ROCKED !!! Of course they're going to pla the same old same old but they mixed in enough of the new shit t make it cool......they barely took a breather in between evre song !!!
    "And I'm doing the best I ever did. I'm doing the best I can. I'm doing the best I ever did. Just go away"

3. Pss avatar Pss

Re: SPAC Fri Aug 19

Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 10:21 PM

What a great show!!!! Although, I thought the sound needed some love, as I was also in the pit. I think they were aware and tried to fix it. At some point the show must just go on. Seems as though they got the sound figured out the next night, can't be perfect all the time. And really regardless they still ROCKED!!!!

4. Re: SPAC Fri Aug 19

Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 12:24 AM

User wrote:
    Are you f---ing kidding me ??? are you theatre critics or what ??? I saw them in in little LaFargeville NY last night ant they ROCKED !!! Of course they're going to pla the same old same old but they mixed in enough of the new shit t make it cool......they barely took a breather in between evre song !!!
    "And I'm doing the best I ever did. I'm doing the best I can. I'm doing the best I ever did. Just go away"

you may have trouble understanding this but follow me on this.. not all concert halls have decent sound equipment, yeah great, yours was good but maybe not wherever this person was.

Wheeee.

"When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

http://the-dark-gift.deviantart.com/

5. Re: SPAC Fri Aug 19

Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Noodle wrote:
    What a great show!!!! Although, I thought the sound needed some love, as I was also in the pit. I think they were aware and tried to fix it. At some point the show must just go on. Seems as though they got the sound figured out the next night, can't be perfect all the time. And really regardless they still ROCKED!!!!

Getting the sound figured out the next night doesnt really help the people who were at this show!! The sound was unbearable.

6. Re: SPAC Fri Aug 19

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 6:00 AM

Show has been the same for years, but Ill watch it anytime..

7. Moderator

Re: SPAC Fri Aug 19

Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Their sound guy Frank is AMAZING (prob the best sound guy in the biz) and is more then seasoned & knows what he is doing. Sully likes everything to be perfect and doesn't settle for half assed.

Every time I have seen them... sounded spot on (CD quality). That's going on prob 40 sum times now. It could be quite possibly they way that specific place is rigged up. Usually the sound difference when other bands are playing to when GS takes the stage is a ridiculous difference for the better.

As far as their "speal"..... go see any band a bunch times and you can pretty much verbatim know what most front mans lines are to pump up the crowd. That's nothing out of the ordinary...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna
    www.godsmack.com | www.sullyerna.com
    godsmackinfo@yahoo.com | info@sullyerna.com