Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

One reason to like Texas....

Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Three Godsmack shows coming soon with all being within 3 hours driving distance of my house... Belton, San Antonio, and Beaumont. And yes, I have tickets to all three.....

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: One reason to like Texas....

Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 8:42 AM

..not to mention Lubbock and Corpus shows also.. Just a little further drive

2. Re: One reason to like Texas....

Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 9:25 AM

That are already three reasons to love Texas :)

3. Re: One reason to like Texas....

Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Good point..

4. MIA avatar MIA

Re: One reason to like Texas....

Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 10:47 AM

triple! gotta love it....things happen in 3's and to afford 3 shows....sweet!!
    "e"

5. Re: One reason to like Texas....

Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Well, I like Texas because I'm a Cowboys fan...but that's a bit too far for me to travel for the concerts!

6. Re: One reason to like Texas....

Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:12 PM

can i rub it in. i work directly across from where they are playing
    i have to cross the street to thier show

7. Re: One reason to like Texas....

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 8:32 AM

It will be my 5th, 6th, and 7th shows. I might as well squeeze Corpus in as well and make it 8. Let's not forget Megadeth and Motorhead in Houston and Austin next month.. Have tix to those also.

8. RE: Re: One reason to like Texas....

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 8:40 AM

MarleyBlue wrote:
    Well, I like Texas because I'm a Cowboys fan...but that's a bit too far for me to travel for the concerts!

I have started flying around to see shows I really like. You never know how long a band will last.

9. RE: Re: One reason to like Texas....

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 8:41 AM

elly wrote:
    triple! gotta love it....things happen in 3's and to afford 3 shows....sweet!!
    "e"

Yep, gotta spend money on something, might as well be rock shows.

10. MIA avatar MIA

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 12:36 PM

ahh you must not have bills or debt....now i'm triple jealous!
    then again, sometimes you just have to splurge...and for Godsmack...why not, they put on a fabulous show!

look forward to your reviews.
    "e"

11. Re: One reason to like Texas....

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 6:28 AM

elly wrote:
    ahh you must not have bills or debt....now i'm triple jealous!
    then again, sometimes you just have to splurge...and for Godsmack...why not, they put on a fabulous show!

look forward to your reviews.
    "e"

Debt sux. I avoid most of it. Been spending on concerts since I saw the Rolling Stones back in 1981.

12. MIA avatar MIA

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 7:52 AM

i know sometimes you gotta splurge....worth it....but 3 times....that is awesome...i wish!. GS will be....you again, didn't we see you at the last show.....are you stalking us? lol

i'm just jealous, that's all. 3 times.....AWESOME!!
    "e"

13. Re: One reason to like Texas....

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 8:41 AM

elly wrote:
    i know sometimes you gotta splurge....worth it....but 3 times....that is awesome...i wish!. GS will be....you again, didn't we see you at the last show.....are you stalking us? lol

i'm just jealous, that's all. 3 times.....AWESOME!!
    "e"

One good thing about this state being so big.. bands hit alot of out towns during tours....

14. MIA avatar MIA

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 10:19 AM

so i should move to Texas.....yehaaaaa! I think anywhere in the US is pretty lucky for Godsmack shows. I'm still hoping more leg(s) will be added.....
    "e"

15. Re: One reason to like Texas....

Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Take me,take me tooooooo

16. Re: One reason to like Texas....

Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Godsmack have not played Toronto in such a long time that I travelled all the way to Dallas last year just to see them at Mayhem.

Texans, consider yourself very lucky. It was worth every minute of the very loooooong trip. The crowd in Dallas kicked major ass and I can see why the band enjoy playing there as much as they do.

Now come play Toronto goddamit.

"breathing life into your lungs... are you immune to me?"

17. MIA avatar MIA

Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:37 PM

i'm with ya Razor Wire.....they did play Hamilton last year...but that's Hamilton...NOT TORONTO.....
    awesome show but we wanna be spoiled EVERY year like the US is.......
    "e"

18. RE: Re: One reason to like Texas....

Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I liked the freakers ball show in GP better than I did the mayhem show. Then again I don't like the Mayhem venue very much.

razor_wire wrote:
    Godsmack have not played Toronto in such a long time that I travelled all the way to Dallas last year just to see them at Mayhem.

Texans, consider yourself very lucky. It was worth every minute of the very loooooong trip. The crowd in Dallas kicked major ass and I can see why the band enjoy playing there as much as they do.

Now come play Toronto goddamit.

"breathing life into your lungs... are you immune to me?"

Was hoping to find some this year around Dallas, guess I will have to see if I can get the time off to head south for a few shows this year.

19. RE: One reason to like Texas....

Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Gexa Energy is pretty much a carbon copy of the Molson Amphitheatre we have here in Toronto. That's not necessarily a good thing, but it did make me feel right at home.

That said, it was 108 Texan degrees that day, which does not feel at all like home.

"find yourself and lose it at the rock show"