Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 5:06 AM

Because there is no such band called Slayer, or at least I never heard of it, what do you think of SLAYYEEERGHHHH? (trying to be funny) As a member of the official Slayer fanclub "Slaytanic Wehrmacht" it's interesting for me to see if there are Slayer fans among the Godsmack Fanatics.

For me Slayer was the band of the childhood, me and my sister used to crazy dance on our Slayer tracks on our old gramophone and cassette player. And the band still stands as a never changing and inimitable style, truly becoming a classic band without any redundant or funky new stuff. So long I have seen them 5 times, all the times they've been in my country, every time was better than the other. And another good thing being a Slayer fan must be their productiveness and album making, can't wait for their new album that is suppose to come this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgUcc-dV3jc

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Ill just say ok and back off this subject....
    [Out of my mind… Back in five minutes.]

2. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 1:23 PM

It's not your fault Blagica. The Godsmack board is clearly not the correct place to attempt a discussion about Slayer.

3. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 1:25 PM

razor_wire wrote:
    It's not your fault Blagica. The Godsmack board is clearly not the correct place to attempt a discussion about Slayer.

Completely correct
    We should really have some respect for the guys...

4. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 1:35 PM

How has this been disrespectful?

5. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I think we should talk about Flock of Seagulls now..

6. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I really think that's an excellent idea.

7. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I think that we will not understand each other today...
    I don't know anything about Slayer so I will keep quiet.
    You guys can speak about whatever you want.
    I will be more than happy to read and learn something new

8. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 1:51 PM

can I post their video on your FB page?

9. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 1:52 PM

IStandAlone wrote:
    can I post their video on your FB page?

Yes if its good one

10. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 2:00 PM

actually I was asking Razor, but I don't feel at this time like it would be in my best interest to do so.
    So, I put it on yours instead, haha.

11. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I love you guys. I do. Honestly this entire thread feels like explaining physics to a cage full of hamsters. No offense.

12. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 2:06 PM

as soon as I get off of this wheel, I'm going to take offense to that.

13. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Stop it. Your whiskers are tickling me.

14. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 2:35 PM

IStandAlone wrote:
    actually I was asking Razor, but I don't feel at this time like it would be in my best interest to do so.
    So, I put it on yours instead, haha.

OK ,next time be more clear

15. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Good night

16. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I am going to try this once more. I'm having a difficult time letting it go.

Slayer write songs about Satan and God because they believe in Satan and God. It's no different than Aretha Franklin singing about God and Satan. Both Slayer and Aretha Franklin have the same fundamental system of beliefs. Catholicism. Aretha has a tendency to focus more on God. Slayer have a tendency to focus more on Satan. It works better with their music.

Both Aretha Franklin and Slayer stand equal chances of being Satanists. None. They couldn't possibly be. Their respective beliefs in the existence of both God and Satan prohibits it. If you don't believe me, go read a book about what it means to be a Satanist.

17. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Who can sit pretty for a sunflower seed?

18. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 11:50 PM

WOW!!! My head just exploded! Did someone here compare Slayer to a woman called Aretha Franklin - NOOOOOOOOOOO! Tell me you didn't!

I don't care if Tom is catholic and his father is a priest. That will not change my position and view over religion that it is a historian woman killing, enslaving and fear making piece of shit. Like their song "Cult" that made my day when they released the album, immediately loved that song, a great one.

But my favorite guy from the band remains Jeff Hanneman, for me he is the best lyrics writer ever. And I'll repeat myself that I know too many people from all over the world who live the Slayer message and have that kind of views for life. That's well enough for me, being to their concert and meeting those people from the fan club or just some random Slayer fans can show you what kind of a band they are. Slayer is the only band that can unite football ultras, metal fans, skinheads, and in general misanthrope kind of people with a thing for Apocalypse and tired from this shithole :) Now I'm going like a child, but if you go to their forum if you speak with the people, that kind of a atmosphere you'll get. That resemble my visions too.

And there is another aspect to look upon Slayer, I like Buddha and his teachings that's why is the avatar too :) He says that if there is something that makes us fear, we should get closer to it and meditate on it, see that there is nothing in our fears, so we should make monuments not of our love but of our fears, so that we can see that there is nothing in them. That can be a reason behind some of the metal music, showing the people and the hippies :) that there are people who embrace and not fear from war, calling the things and the religion as they are, not fear from aggression and letting your inner emotion flow as you are sick and tired from this world of greed, politicians and misery. And of course things like that :) The subject is too massive and there are too many people point of views, people discussing it, and ways to approach it and subjects that can be discussed. At the end of the day is just a music, and it's our responsibility how we will endure, except and act on it probably.

19. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I agree. The introduction of religion to this discussion is a slippery slope (and was completely unnecessary). Let's move on.

20. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 1:14 AM