Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Album Cover Art

Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 6:10 AM

I enjoy album cover artwork. Really, I do.

A lot of thought goes into album covers and, when done well, they can be every bit as important to capturing the moment, mood and meaning of a band's intention as the recorded music does.

Post or discuss album covers that you like here:

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Album Cover Art

Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 2:00 PM

How could you forget this classic album cover.

R.I.P - Ronnie James Dio

It's just a matter of time, no matter how he tries. He hears "Plata O Plomo Gringo?" The last words before he dies.

2. Re: Album Cover Art

Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I don't have a picture to post, but remember Queen's "News of the World"? That used to scare the beejeezus out of me!!

3. Re: Album Cover Art

Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I recall Motley Crue's "Shoot at the Devil" album art being very scary at time of its release.

4. BG avatar BG

Re: Album Cover Art

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM

One of my all time fav bands.

5. Re: Album Cover Art

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I live next door to Our Lady Peace's practice space. When they're not on tour I see them come and go on a daily basis. I once saw Chris Cornell standing out front talking to Raine and his wife, Chantal Kreviazuk.

6. BG avatar BG

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:12 PM

razor_wire wrote:
    I live next door to Our Lady Peace's practice space. When they're not on tour I see them come and go on a daily basis. I once saw Chris Cornell standing out front talking to Raine and his wife, Chantal Kreviazuk.

Damn that's awesome. Do they still play alot in Canada? They have been non-existent here.

7. Re: Album Cover Art

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:25 PM

They toured here this past summer and played a show at Echo Beach (a couple of blocks from where I live). I'm really only aware of them touring when their bus is parked out front of my building. Otherwise I don't really pay too much attention. Not really my thing. They seem like nice guys though.

8. BG avatar BG

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Yeah they're different but I dig 'em. I listen to everything, even rap (the horror!!)

9. BG avatar BG

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Love this one, haha

10. Re: Album Cover Art

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM

why is it funny?

11. BG avatar BG

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Because when the album came out there was alot of people making fun of it. Saying it's similar to a female body part sorta kinda, lmao.

But nonetheless, I like the cover.

12. BG avatar BG

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:51 PM

But here's what James Hetfield said,

" 'Death Magnetic', at least the title, to me, it's… It had something to do with… It started out as kind of a tribute to people that have fallen in our business, like Layne Staley [ALICE IN CHAINS] and a lot of the people that have died, basically — rock and roll martyrs of sorts. And then it kind of grew from there. Thinking about death… some people are drawn towards it, and just like a magnet, some people are drawn towards it, [and] other people are afraid of it and push away. And the concept that we're all gonna die sometimes is over-talked about and then a lot of times never talked about — no one wants to bring it up; it's the big white elephant in the living room. But we all have to deal with it at some point. So that's kind of the subject matter."

13. Re: Album Cover Art

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 1:15 PM

yep, I see the lady parts.

14. Re: Album Cover Art

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 1:18 PM

ohhh ok. nice.

15. Re: Album Cover Art

Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I've always liked this cover. Dogs leave signals for one another on fire hydrants. Clever.

16. Re: Album Cover Art

Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 9:49 PM

BG wrote:

Don't know why I like this one but I do. It's nothing special, just simple.

I really like that!

17. BG avatar BG

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 4:41 PM

18. Re: Album Cover Art

Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 8:55 AM

19. Re: Album Cover Art

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM

The Dwarves - Blood, Guts & Pussy

20. Re: Album Cover Art

Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 12:01 PM

WOW! That is one happy dwarf.

I love how there's a bunch of politicians on it.

In our life there is "if"
    In our beliefs there is "lie"
    In our business there is "sin"
    In our bodies there is "die"