Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 5:06 AM

Because there is no such band called Slayer, or at least I never heard of it, what do you think of SLAYYEEERGHHHH? (trying to be funny) As a member of the official Slayer fanclub "Slaytanic Wehrmacht" it's interesting for me to see if there are Slayer fans among the Godsmack Fanatics.

For me Slayer was the band of the childhood, me and my sister used to crazy dance on our Slayer tracks on our old gramophone and cassette player. And the band still stands as a never changing and inimitable style, truly becoming a classic band without any redundant or funky new stuff. So long I have seen them 5 times, all the times they've been in my country, every time was better than the other. And another good thing being a Slayer fan must be their productiveness and album making, can't wait for their new album that is suppose to come this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgUcc-dV3jc

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 4:22 PM

more than Godsmack?
    [Out of my mind… Back in five minutes.]

2. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 4:23 PM

This is a thread about Slayer.

3. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 4:24 PM

ok,I got it

4. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 4:40 PM

than I better get out of here....

5. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Hey Blag, I hope you had a good day today. I've been nothing but lazy. I did make a nice dinner, though. Chicken and penne pasta in an Italian herb sauce.

What have you done today?

(hijack complete)

6. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 1:26 AM

razor_wire wrote:
    I love Slayer.

I love Slayer probably more than my family. But as begun speaking of a Slayer fans who take the songs and the music seriously, my best friend is an ex soldier fought in Chechnya and Iraq, he's my slayer fan model :) Not the best guy to find walking on a dark alley, but when the people are saying that everything is just a posture and acting, I can't agree, because I know that there are people who really take it seriously, and our views of the world are shared.

7. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 3:47 AM

IStandAlone wrote:
    Hey Blag, I hope you had a good day today. I've been nothing but lazy. I did make a nice dinner, though. Chicken and penne pasta in an Italian herb sauce.

What have you done today?

(hijack complete)

I had a nice day too,but for more details Ill look for other topic. Apparently this one is for Slayer

8. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 4:08 AM

9. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 5:41 AM

IStandAlone wrote:
    I will say this about Slayer. They're ok. What I can't help but laugh at is the whole "oh, look at me, I'm evil" thing.
    Really?

REALLY?

I thought the whole cliche' satanic fad thing went out in like, 1988. If you think I'm wrong, then Google "King Diamond" and if you don't laugh, then I'll give you a dollar.

Considering that slayers singer is a catholic....

We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

10. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 10:53 AM

I never said that Catholicism wasn't evil.

11. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 11:01 AM

you better stop this conversation here...

now you reminded me of a song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXE6GZPPCOk

12. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 12:13 PM

IStandAlone wrote:
    I never said that Catholicism wasn't evil.

I know that but it's hard for a band to convey a satanist message when your lead singer is a god fearing man.
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

13. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 12:38 PM

You can't believe in the existence of Satan unless you believe in God. You can't be a Catholic unless you believe in Satan.
    One cannot exist without the other. Even in bands.

The Satanic religion and philosophy does not believe in the existence of either God or Satan. Slayer are not Satanists. They never have been. Their belief in both God and Satan ensures that it is impossible for them to be Satanists. Why? Because they believe in God and Satan.

14. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Than is it all just a mask???
    Are they just a posers?

15. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Ill just say ok and back off this subject....

16. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 1:23 PM

It's not your fault Blagica. The Godsmack board is clearly not the correct place to attempt a discussion about Slayer.

17. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 1:25 PM

razor_wire wrote:
    It's not your fault Blagica. The Godsmack board is clearly not the correct place to attempt a discussion about Slayer.

Completely correct
    We should really have some respect for the guys...

18. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 1:35 PM

How has this been disrespectful?

19. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I think we should talk about Flock of Seagulls now..

20. Re: SLAYYYYEEERRRGHHHHHH

Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I really think that's an excellent idea.