Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

Motley Crue / KISS

Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I love Motley Crue (always have, always will, don't care what anyone else says) and was feeling a bit down about not being able to attend the show this Saturday. Well, that all changed when I was lucky caller #8!!

I'm so excited! The past couple of weeks have not been the greatest, this one has been particularly rough for my guy...we are so ready for this!!

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Motley Crue / KISS

Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 5:39 PM

You're in for a hell of a show. Enjoy.

2. Re: Motley Crue / KISS

Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 6:39 PM

What awesome luck, congratulations. That sort of luck never seems to cross my path. Enjoy!

3. Re: Motley Crue / KISS

Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 5:28 AM

Oh sweet! Thats awesome. So happy for you!!

4. Re: Motley Crue / KISS

Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 6:02 AM

I still wanna hear about your Vince moment during "She Goes Down".

#FreeRandyBlythe

5. Re: Motley Crue / KISS

Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 6:07 AM

Wow, get out there and get a lottery ticket NOW LOL.

Great news for ya Marley! Go make more memorable moments with Vince!

6. Re: Motley Crue / KISS

Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 6:53 AM

razor_wire wrote:
    I still wanna hear about your Vince moment during "She Goes Down".

#FreeRandyBlythe

OK, probably not going to sound as fun as it was, but here goes...you need to visualize. First, let me back up a let me back up a few minutes in the show. Tommy Lee had burned his hand a couple of weeks before our show and was not able to play; at one point during the show, he comes out on stage with a bottle of Jager to “share” with the crowd. The first person he hands it to is a guy a next to me, who I made friends with to secure my spot on the rail (funny side note…we hung out together at the first CrueFest, too! have no idea what his name is though). So he takes the first swig, passes it to the next person, and proceeds to send a text to his friend that reads “I think I just caught Hep-C” (Pamela Anderson reference). Hep-C aside, that was still pretty cool that Tommy picked him!

So, back to Vince…on this show, they were playing the entire Dr Feelgood album in order. It was fun trying to remember what would come next, and hope the lyrics would come back to us. Well, they got to “She Goes Down”; and while I knew the words to this song when the album came out in 1989, I did not follow them! Time have changed. Anyhoo…..there’s a part that says “it’s like connecting the dots, start at the bottom and lick it to the top”. Vince is standing directly in front of me for this line, so I (time to visualize) take my finger, and draw a line in the air, going from the bottom to the top, finishing it up by pointing directly at Vince, like an exclamation point. He smiles his sexy little smile and “presents” his microphone to me; not in a singing manner as I’m sure you can imagine.

I look at my friend and say “that was MY Tommy moment”

Three years later, as I’m typing this, I’m blushing! My husband has remarked numerous times that he really does prefer not being in the pit with me! Of course, since he missed it, I had to relay the story to him.

7. Re: Motley Crue / KISS

Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Yep, that's good one. I love a good sleazy rock n roll story about married women. Good way to start the day.

#FreeRandyBlythe

8. Re: Motley Crue / KISS

Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 7:19 AM

ooo nice sexy moment.

9. Re: Motley Crue / KISS

Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 9:10 AM

A nice lasting memory lol. I'm sure the hubby would prefer not to be there lol. I can't mention his name, it hit me, it would start a riot. LOL

How do you always manage to get the rail?

10. Re: Motley Crue / KISS

Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 9:56 AM

nice story :)
    "Love-Hate-Sex-Pain"

11. Re: Motley Crue / KISS

Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 10:38 AM

The Other B wrote:
    A nice lasting memory lol. I'm sure the hubby would prefer not to be there lol. I can't mention his name, it hit me, it would start a riot. LOL

How do you always manage to get the rail?

Hahaha!! Just put "The" in front and they'll know it's mine you're talking about and not the riot-starter!
    I get to shows super early (sucks when it's festivals that start at 4:00pm) and make friends with the peeps already there. Plus, since it's usually just me, people don't mind letting me squeeze in with them.

However, I just picked up my tickets and I'm a little disappointed. I know I shouldn't be because they were FREE, but they are in the lawn section. At Jimmy Buffett, the lawn is a great time; at this show, I think it will be nothing but foolishness and mayhem. But again, they were FREE.

12. Re: Motley Crue / KISS

Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I was going to say The... but I didn't want you blamed. Oh crap, hubby didn't sign up did he? LOL LOL

Yeah disappointment but FREE is good, with all the yahoo's on the lawn. But we know you're NOT a yahoo.
    And ok, early bird, I see.

13. Re: Motley Crue / KISS

Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 6:08 PM

your one lucky girl. it going to be a great show. enjoy.
    annette g.

14. Re: Motley Crue / KISS

Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 9:04 AM

We have them here on Sept 13th, or 12th. Doubt I'm going.

Slash Sept 23 - Sound Academy. Oh I really wanna go but GA tickets sold out AND VIPs available. umm $500 and higher...really????

15. Re: Motley Crue / KISS

Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Concert prices have really gotten out of hand!! My boss was having me check on a country show coming up, I think Jason Aldean, and I went to StubHub because ticketmaster was sold out. The lawn seats that I mentioned above? $115-$225!! For the LAWN...sit on your arse, try to remember to bring a blanket and hope it doesn't rain.

Though for Motley Crue, we were able to upgrade to seats for $10 each (even though they were comps). We were still in the back, but under cover (didn't rain anyway) and in seats. And we have a good zoom on the camera, so I got some good pics!

16. Re: Motley Crue / KISS

Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM

So no Vince moments? Would love to see the pix, are they on FB? Had a good time? Never wanted to see Kiss, really.

17. Re: Motley Crue / KISS

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 7:38 PM

No Vince moments...too far away. I haven't even downloaded the pics from the camera yet. I really miss the old-school film! Just pop it out of the camera, take it to the store and pick up your pictures!

18. Re: Motley Crue / KISS

Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 8:29 AM

I'm not going to agree cause that would be dating ourselves lol. But at least now we can see the pix we take rather then the anticipation of getting it developed only to see a finger in the way, or it's blurry. The disappointment of loosing a shot, at least now we can take it over and over again until we love/like it.