Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

Henry Rollins

Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Went to see Henry speak tonight. Wow is all I can say. Been a fan for a long time and I was not let down. I strongly suggest if you have the opportunity to add one or more of his talks to your life experiences that you do so. Has anyone out there had the chance and did you enjoy it as much as I did?
Georgia

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Henry Rollins

Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 5:20 AM

Thats cool, is he anything like Ted Nugent??

2. Re: Henry Rollins

Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 7:53 AM

I haven't seen Henry speak but I did see Rollins Band at Lee's Palace in Toronto. When they finished their set he leapt off the stage, walked through the crowd to the back of the club and sat at the merch table selling shirts and books for the rest of the night. He signed my copy of "Pissing In The Gene Pool". Cool guy.

3. Re: Henry Rollins

Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 10:37 AM

We saw him about 10 years ago (didn't realize it had been that long!)...he's such a great speaker!

4. Re: Henry Rollins

Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 11:42 AM

He really is. And how he spoke for 2 hours and 36 minutes without drinking anything is beyond me. Not a sip! He went straight to the bus to do whatever for about 15 minutes after and then came out and signed and talked to folks for over an hour. He is quite a character :)
    Georgia

5. Re: Henry Rollins

Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 2:38 PM

What was he speaking about???

6. Re: Henry Rollins

Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I remember he had a show about 5 years back, I don't remember what it was called, what channel it was on or or even if its still on. But basically he was sitting at a table with a few male actors talking all sorts of shit. Pretty good show. And of course loved him on Sons of Anarchy.

7. Re: Henry Rollins

Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 6:57 PM

SC-Everything LOL, his travels and people he has met, politics and the need for us to hold the government accountable, Ted Nugent dodging the draft, buying soap and soccer balls for people in Haiti, what a racist bastard his father is, how he learned the best lessons in life from punk rock and Abraham Lincoln, how Rick Perry is a peice of crap because he wants to abolish planned parenthood, and a new three part special he did for NatGeo about weird animals and food and drinking cow urine, and how we should all be strong in our brains and read read read read and make sure our children are educated, and about how he thought the influx of cheap brown mexican heroin into L.A. was a consipiracy to addict, kill and discredit GenX.

Kati-That was probably The Henry Rollins Show on IFC. it's on Netflix
    Georgia

8. Re: Henry Rollins

Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 6:58 PM

razor_wire wrote:
    I haven't seen Henry speak but I did see Rollins Band at Lee's Palace in Toronto. When they finished their set he leapt off the stage, walked through the crowd to the back of the club and sat at the merch table selling shirts and books for the rest of the night. He signed my copy of "Pissing In The Gene Pool". Cool guy.

He's doing 3 nights in up there next month I think
    Georgia

9. Re: Henry Rollins

Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 7:08 PM

IFC, that's right. I'll have to catch that on Netflix.