Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Joy Division

Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Who here likes the band Joy Division?

Joy Division were a Post-Punk band from the late 1970's to the very early 1980's.

They only released 2 albums: Unknown Pleasures (1979), and Closer (1980).

JD were about to tour the US, but that all changed after frontman Ian Curtis commited suicide at the age of 23.

After the death of Ian Curtis, the surviving members of Joy Division formed the New Wave band, New Order.

There is a movie about the life of Ian Curtis, called Control (2007). A british actor named Sam Riley portrays Curtis, and does a very brilliant job at it. The movie is filmed in Black and White.

So....any JD fans?
Do like I told you
Stay away from me
Never misunderstand me
Keep away from me

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Re: Joy Division

Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 8:01 PM

smackbass wrote:
    godsmackjunkie89 wrote:
    Who here likes the band Joy Division?

Joy Division were a Post-Punk band from the late 1970's to the very early 1980's.

They only released 2 albums: Unknown Pleasures (1979), and Closer (1980).

JD were about to tour the US, but that all changed after frontman Ian Curtis commited suicide at the age of 23.

After the death of Ian Curtis, the surviving members of Joy Division formed the New Wave band, New Order.

There is a movie about the life of Ian Curtis, called Control (2007). A british actor named Sam Riley portrays Curtis, and does a very brilliant job at it. The movie is filmed in Black and White.

So....any JD fans?
    Do like I told you
    Stay away from me
    Never misunderstand me
    Keep away from me

I didnt expect to be reading a post about Joy Division on a Godsmack forum, but happy to see Godsmack fans who appreciate other types of music!
    I was still at school when Joy Division were touring, but saw New Order live several times in the early 80s.
    Last year original Joy Division/New order bass player Peter Hook quit New Order to form his own Joy Division tribute band called The Light, i saw them live last year and they were really good.

"Peaceful journeys"!!

Well, even though I mostly listen to hard, heavy, aggressive, angry music, I also like to listen to SOME soft, mellow stuff every once in awhile.

Other than JD, I also like The Moody Blues, New Order, Coldplay, Elton John, Billy Joel, and a few others.

I listen to those artists sometimes just to take a break from all the heavy stuff that I mostly listen to. Makes my music taste seem a bit more eclectic.

If I had to describe my music taste in another word, I would say BiPolar.