Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

So I won.....

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 8:45 AM

I just got this email...

If you’re getting this email…it’s because you scored a pair of tickets to see Mayhem Fest tomorrow at the Comcast Center!!!!

We’re open tonight till 5:30…and we open tomorrow at 9:00 AM. So come get your tickets!! (P.S. our address is in my “electronic signature” below).

Here’s the legal crap:

You MUST come in person to pick up your tickets.

Tickets can not be transferred to another person.

You must have a valid form of ID to claim your tickets.

Upon arrival, you will be asked to fill out a prize release form and a W-9 (for the state of Rhode Island…although you will not be taxed if you win less than $600 worth of prizes this year).

We’ll hold on to your prize for 30 days…then it will be given to another entrant.

Office hours are Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM

Jenn Dower

94HJY Mid Day Host & Other Stuff Too

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: So I won.....

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Sweet, go and have great time.

2. Re: So I won.....

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I'm trying to plan it now but it's not working out on such short notice, I wish they told me in advance.GRR

3. Re: So I won.....

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 9:58 AM

congrats! I know, a little more notice would have been nice. I hope you can work things out to go.

Enjoy! and we want a full review

4. Re: So I won.....

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 10:39 AM

So the tickets are an hour and a 1/2 away from me I have to work today and tomorrow until 4:30. The station closes at 5:30. I'm screwed.

5. Re: So I won.....

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Don't you feel a sick day coming on??

6. Re: So I won.....

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I know I was thinking that but those are running low and I may really need it. Shucks!

7. Re: So I won.....

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 11:26 AM

At least you won something and free, it's ok if you don't use them, didn't cost you anything. Too bad they didn't give more notice. Any chance you could skip out work early and not say anything, would they notice since you are working from home?

8. Re: So I won.....

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Yeah they know.....we still have to log in and out and who knows my boss could send me a message or call knowing my luck. If they just gave me notice i could've set something up. totally sucks. I may tell them to give them to someone else.

9. Re: So I won.....

Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 5:29 AM

Ha, how true, all hell breaks loose and everyone is screaming where is SC???? Not worth the chance at all.

10. Re: So I won.....

Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 9:32 AM

whaaa? you won Slayer/Motorhead tix??? you can't go? I missed a lot yesterday.

11. Re: So I won.....

Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Maybe you had a bad lunch and need to leave?

12. Re: So I won.....

Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I also have a 2yr old that I need to be here for..it just didn't work out. Like I said if they told me last week I would've had time to plan this shit. It's a tease. I only get so much sick time a year if I left I would have to use it up.

13. Re: So I won.....

Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I completely understand. I can't even imagine what it must be like to have a 2 year old. Seems a little rude that they only gave you one day of notice.

14. Re: So I won.....

Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 9:46 AM

For sure, too bad they don't give time, everyone needs to PLAN these things. BUT you won, that is a good thing. Sorry you can't use them but maybe go out and buy a lottery ticket, maybe your winning vibe will transfer to the ticket. And you won, Marley won, so two have won free tickets, who's the third? Enter everyone, someone else here will win as things happen in 3's.

15. Re: So I won.....

Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Yeah I know it, I emailed the chick back and told her with such short notice I will not be able to come get the tix so she should choose another entrant. Probably sound like a bitch but I don't really care. f*ckers.

I won GS tix before too and I did go to that...good seats too.

I will try the scratch tix later.

16. Re: So I won.....

Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 10:08 AM

I here yeah on the two year old, have one too. NOTICE is the key to PLANS.

17. Re: So I won.....

Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 10:15 AM

razor_wire wrote:
    Seems a little rude that they only gave you one day of notice.

I agree...makes you wonder if that's by design? The less people that accept, the less they have to give away. I don't have kids, but I would still need more notice!

18. Re: So I won.....

Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 12:03 PM

less they give away.... so they go?

19. Re: So I won.....

Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 7:00 AM

They same thing happened to me a couple of years ago with a Sully show. I won tickets, and they emailed me 1 hour before the show. I was a 3 hour drive away. And they KNEW this because I had to put in where I was located for the contest. Sadly, I could go unless I had my own personal helicopter....
    Anyone see the size of that gawd dayum chicken???