Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

A Funny to Share!

Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 8:05 AM

I'm in line at a convenience store the other day, and a high school kid is talking to the girl at the register...she's a younger girl, but out of high school. So, he's talking to her about some rap/hip hop group, and can't believe she doesn't know who they are (I can't even remember the name, obviously I didn't know them either).

She keeps saying she doesn't know them and he asks how could she not, everyone knows this group, saying you don't is like saying you don't know who Lady Gagme is (he said Gaga).

I look at him and say "do you know who Sully Erna is?", he comes back "actually I do"...so I ask who is it. His response..."isn't she a country singer?"! With a straight face I reply, "no, HE is the lead singer for a hard rock band, but good effort, you were soooo close".

We all got a good laugh from it! My point to him being, not everyone HAS to know everyone!

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: A Funny to Share!

Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 9:56 AM

LOL, isn't she a country singer. Umm way off.

I agree, I don't know half the music out there, watch these award shows and who is that?
    I guess they figure everyone knows the latest and greatest music...or fad. Let's see if they are around in 20-30 years like the great rock bands we know and love.

eh, to each his or her own really. Music makes us happy not matter who the artist.