Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

Sad News for the SGK 3-Day

Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Heavy heart today. As well all know, the ecomony still sucks, and everyone is feeling it (The Todd has recently been asked if he would take an unpaid leave of absence for a week, but that's a different story).

We received news yesterday that due to the costs of the events, and unfortunately, participation numbers being down, beginning 2014 SGK had to cut the 14-city tour of The 3-Day events. They went from 14 cities to 7 and Tampa Bay did not make the cut. I know we weren't the top city, and our numbers have definitely gone down over the past 2-3 years, but I'm still surprised we were cut.

As many of you know, this is an extremely important event to me. I alternate between Walking and Crewing each year; looks like last year was my last Walk in Tampa Bay. I started this journey in 2005, the first Tampa Bay event, as a Crew member, and I will end Tampa Bay as a Crew member. There's a ver good chance that I will be a Crew Captian this year. I hope so, because I have some ideas to send Tampa Bay off in style! I'll be Crewing the 4th and final Pit Stop of the Event, so Day 3 will be so special to me.

I'm starting to get a little teary-eyed again, so I should stop here.

Thank you to all of you who have supported me in the past...just because Tampa Bay is done, doesn't mean I am! Right now, it's looking like a road trip to Atlanta next year!

Dawn ~ aka "MarleyBlue", hanging around these parts since early 2005 ~ is that sad?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Sad News for the SGK 3-Day

Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 8:46 AM

So sorry to read that Dawn, I know what it means to you. You always did a great job promoting it, you grabbed us here and we all cheered you on.
    A road trip would be fun, further away but you'll still be supporting. And we'll cheer you on no matter where you are.

I'm sure this year will be heartbreaking but you'll make it special.