Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

Wow, here's an idea

Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 9:23 AM

This is just an amazing idea, I can't believe nobody had thought of this yet! Rather then bitching about the new site, how about promoting it. Tell your friends, have them tell friends. Seems people just want to use this forum for bitching. I'm sure there is a group created for that somewhere in yahoo or aol. Rather then clentching your fists and being hateful try grabbing the bull by the horns and help turn this site into something you'd enjoy. Life isn't filled with nose twiches and and finger snapping. Want magic, create it. Want people to use the forum, recruit them. Want less blog users, ask them to use the forum. Be proactive!
~ I'm tougher then nails, I can promise you that~

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Wow, here's an idea

Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 10:16 AM

That's what facebook is for.

2. Re: Wow, here's an idea

Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 10:58 AM

[quote=Forevah~ShamedWant less blog users, ask them to use the forum. Be proactive!

Pretty sure I did that...and it's not like we're saying something that isn't true. The old place was on its last legs, and when everything got switched and ALL the history was deleted (meaning on-going topics and threads, NOT just the drama) it was very hard to start fresh with the few peeps here.

And quite frankly, the folks who shared my love of the band? I met on the BOARDS...and 90% of them are gone! And it's not just the crap that went down; people moved on, a lot to Facebook. We were losing folks before the episode (and for those reading, if you don't know what the episode was, I'm not going to re-create it for, it's done).

In my opinion, it makes no sense to have both Blogs and Forums. The Blogs are just one long stream of entry after entry, no thread categorization, just blah, blah, blah.

And I'm sorry, but I still think since we have an entirely NEW place, the "Staff" (new folks, not Dom) should introduce themselves; let us know their positions here. I personally think they hope this will go away completely. For me, I stick around in case some of my old friends come back around...and not just to stir shit up, which has already started (if you don't know who/what I'm referring to, you don't need to know...directed at anyone reading this).

I've been part of this forum community since early 2005, many were here YEARS before...we do have a voice and will share what we feel. This is nowhere near what it was, and quite frankly, it won't be again. And that's sad.

3. Re: Wow, here's an idea

Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Hey, Forevah...I wasn't trying to be snarky with you...just sharing my feelings.

4. Re: Wow, here's an idea

Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 11:04 AM

I use facebook to promote the things I enjoy like this forum. Isn't that the point of social networking

5. Re: Wow, here's an idea

Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 11:15 AM

I get that MB and I'm all for sharing feelings. And that whole drama thing that went down in the old forum should stay in the old forum. Deleted and gone. I don't believe there should be any grudges held either. I totally get that this site isn't what it was, but why can't it still be something great? Yes there are not a lot of people actually using the forum, and yes a lot of the earlier members are gone but does that mean we should mope about it? At what point do people just accept that it is what it is? I think that if we all try to turn this forum into a place we enjoy going to then maybe others will follow. And I also agree 100% that the grndctrl members should def give us all some bio on themselves and their position here. Rather then an ask the staff topic, they should make a meet the staff topic.

6. Re: Wow, here's an idea

Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 12:16 PM

I also agree the blogs are part of the problem, there is no reason why we can't start new memories here and make this place home, i will do my best and try to post a little bit more then what i do now.
    "In your eyes, you can bid me farewell."

7. Re: Wow, here's an idea

Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 6:16 PM

YES! I love it, thank you Immune! Thats a great attitude

8. Re: Wow, here's an idea

Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 8:05 PM

Forevah~Shamed wrote:
    I use facebook to promote the things I enjoy like this forum. Isn't that the point of social networking

I think you misunderstood me. I was saying that facebook is where the personal bitching belongs, not here.

9. Re: Wow, here's an idea

Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Forevah~Shamed wrote:
    YES! I love it, thank you Immune! Thats a great attitude
    No problem Forevah, I too want to see this place come alive.

"In your eyes, you can bid me farewell."

10. Re: Wow, here's an idea

Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I did misunderstand you Æulogy, my bad, thanks for pointing me in the right direction, and well said. Leave the drama for facebook

11. RE: Wow, here's an idea

Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Marsha Marsha Marsha whys everything about Marsha lol . What up people?

12. Re: Wow, here's an idea

Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 7:01 AM

Hello Red

13. Re: Wow, here's an idea

Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 10:47 PM

unacceptable .
    "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

http://the-dark-gift.deviantart.com/

14. MIA avatar MIA

Re: Wow, here's an idea

Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 6:11 AM

I thought this was a happy place? LOL
    I hear ya MB.....

my crickets enjoy this place, they've made a nice home here over the years. had to readjust but they made it
    think there'd be more activity as the boys are touring....SPEAK!
    "e"

15. Re: Wow, here's an idea

Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 10:56 PM

your crickets are happy... in my stomach.
    "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

16. MIA avatar MIA

Re: Wow, here's an idea

Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 5:04 AM

stop eating them! They have to be gross when you bite in and they expode with gush.

(now i'm out searching for more!)
    "e"

17. Re: Wow, here's an idea

Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 7:26 AM

that's what I like best. omnomnom

18. Re: Wow, here's an idea

Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 6:33 AM

You 2 are strange lol

19. Re: Wow, here's an idea

Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 6:36 AM

thanks;)