Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

you;ve saved my life....At least for the day

Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 8:15 AM

Ive been a junkie for the past 7 years, Im only 24 years old. I've tried so many things. Methadone, Suboxonxe, mainting, cold turkey. Nothing has worked! I'm finally free of the demon for 17 days; no meds, no nothing. Straight shitting and puking my brains out. Now i gotta say last Monday was a weak day for me. I rigged up, only about 1/10th of what i would usually would've done. I rigged up in a mcdonalds parking lot at 4:00 pm, then woke up with a naloxone syringe in my thigh. Life is so friagile, and I take all ur music to heart now. Its getting me through this boring life in Milwaukee. I remember seeing godsmack when i was younger and, be jamming to the music, but I had no fuckin I idea what it really meant. They played it on Kiss FM so I thought It was popular. now having responsibilites, i shut the fuck up and actually listened to what the band was saying. I got a long day ahead of me, But honestly if it wasnt for your insight, i woulda stayed in bed all day. now i have the strenghth to move on, go to school and go to work, despite how horrible things are. Its amazing how a lil bit of hope and understanding and revevelce can really change a person, even for a moment.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: you;ve saved my life....At least for the day

Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Congrats on deciding to get clean. Hold on to your hope, understanding and revelance. My bf had been clean now for 10 wks. His addiction was opitates. What you say about GS's music "i shut the fuck up and actually listened to what the band was saying." Is exactly what my bf learned about gathering strength to fight his cravings. Except his was "I need to learn to shut the fuck up and listen to the people in my life who can help pull me through this" I hope you win your battle, its a very long road. A hard road. One that quite literally never ends and is constantly testing your strength. The puking, shitting, cramps, sweating, chills, headaches and all the rest may not seem worth it now, but it will. Theres that strength and will inside you, once you find it, never let it go :)
    ~ I'm tougher then nails, I can promise you that~

2. RE: you;ve saved my life....At least for the day

Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Well thats awesome proud of ya for facin ur demons no matter what they are its hard to do n even harder to admit it. Godsmack is very inspirational, lots of music is hold to what inspires ya n be strong n life will open up for you. Then u will find inspiration all around you. Best wishs n blessings to ya. - Fly Broken Wings