Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

Tim Burton

Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 12:02 AM

people assume this guy to be an amazing director and I enjoy his movies as much as the next half deranged person but honestly, with the exception of Nightmare before Christmas, and a few others, nothing he's done is original. he takes movies or other things people have done and remakes them.

Replies to This Posting

1. MIA avatar MIA

Re: Tim Burton

Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 5:21 AM

i've only seen a few of them.....don't mind him. haven't seen an animated one though...beetlejuice, batman.....
    "e"

2. Re: Tim Burton

Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 5:47 AM

i love the nightmare before christmas. a great movie.
    annette g.

3. Re: Tim Burton

Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 6:25 AM

Everything today is a remake of something. Wether its movie ideas taken from a book or video games based on movies. Either way, TB will always have his twisted vision. Thats what makes him and his art unique.
    ~ I'm tougher then nails, I can promise you that~

4. Moderator

Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 11:04 AM

He is one of my favorite artists/ directors ever ..... I think he is brilliant. He even makes his re-makes his own, one of my favorites is his Alice & Wonderland.. I adore it. His work is always distinct and recognizable, love his style.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Grab your gun, time to go to hell. I'm no hero guilty as charged..... Search & Destroy... "

5. Re: Tim Burton

Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 11:10 AM

I just read today there is talk of a Beetlejuice sequel/remake. Hollywood is definitely running out of ideas. I don't believe I saw all of "Nightmare" and the previews for "Alice" spooked me a bit! Obviously, not in a scary way, the characters just creeped me out.

6. Re: Tim Burton

Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 2:52 PM

YOU DO NOT REMAKE CLASSICS! it's 100% wrong.

as for Alice, my dad hates that story cuz it's disturbing. I loved it though, Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter was perfect, but Sweeney Todd was my favorite Burton/Depp collab. I can't wait for Dark Shadows as well. Johnny finally playing a vampire.

7. MIA avatar MIA

Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 9:39 AM

ahh finally...a good vampire. i'm still scar'd from Tom Cruise in interview with a vampire. omg he totally ruined the movie for me. i like Stuart Townsend...he was good. Johnny should be great...i'll watch that.
    "e"