Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

any Mastodon or Opeth fans?

Wed, May 9, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Ok, so everybody knows about Record Store Day. Being in South Texas does have it's perks when it comes to music, sports, etc. Tons of Concerts are always passing through my own personal "Tri-City Area" (Austin, San Antonio, and Corpus Christi). On Record Story Day, Mastodon and Opeth had a show at Concrete Street in Corpus. Earlier that day, they were at a local record store doing a meet and greet. Mastodon had a special release on vinyl (duh, it's RECORD store day) in which they did a cover of the Flaming Lips Song "Spoonful Weighs a Ton." On the reverse is the Flaming Lips version.
Anyhoo, to my point: I waited in line there and met both bands. Got Mastodon to sign their side of the record, and Opeth sign the backside. I bought 2 copies, one to get signed (which I did) and the other to add to my other vinyl. (Yes, I collect vinyl. It's awesome.)
But I have since realized that I'm not that much of a fan of either of these bands. I figured I would just add to my swag collection, but if anyone is interested in this, let me know. I'm not really attached to it. I could put in in Ebay, but eh, I've outgrown Ebay, haha.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: any Mastodon or Opeth fans?

Thu, May 10, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I kinda like Mastodon. Some of their songs are ok. I'm not a big fan though.

2. Re: any Mastodon or Opeth fans?

Thu, May 10, 2012 at 3:02 PM

razor_wire wrote:
    ok, this is easily the best Mastodon thread I have ever read.

I was given an eReader for Christmas and just can't get used to it. I require a tactile relationship with literature.

I feel the same way, I love the feel of a book
    Georgia

3. RE: any Mastodon or Opeth fans?

Mon, May 14, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Haha, you people.