Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Mon, May 21, 2012 at 7:46 PM

[url= http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/2012/TampaBayEvent2012?px=1165258&pg=personal&fr_id=1770]My SGK 3-Day Personal Page

Hello Smackers! Since 2005 I have been honored to be a part of the Susan G Komen 3-Day for The Cure Community. I started as a Crew Member in 2005, and registered as a Walker for the first time in 2006. With the exception of 2009, I have participated each year since them; I alternate between Crewing and Walking and this year will be my 4th Walking year!

Why am I telling you this? A requirement to be a Walker is fund-raising; each Walker must raise a minimum of $2300. That's not good enough for me! My personal goal this year is $3500! That's where YOU can come in!

In past years, I have been honored to see names of my fellow Smackers show up on my donation Honor Roll. I hope that can be the same this year! In case you're unsure, the donations do not come to me; they go directly to SGK for The Cure.

We raise funds for research, programs and grants that are funded through SGK for The Cure. SGK is so much more than a pink ribbon. And for me, it's a very personal cause. Breast Cancer struck my mother when I was just 4 years old; in the crude times of 1975, they thought they "got it all". When it came back a short 4 years later, it was everywhere. I lost my mother a month before my 9th birthday. Not being enough pain, her older sister lost her battle just 8 years later.

Any donation you can give is greatly appreciated. NO amount is too small, honestly! I would love to see my Honor Roll scrolling with name after name after name. It all adds up!

Please click the link above a take a moment to visit my personal page.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Now back to the regularly scheduled programming of tattoos, VIP experiences, and of course, Lemmy!

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Mon, May 21, 2012 at 7:48 PM

OK, I didn't set up the link correctly, but it works!

2. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Tue, May 22, 2012 at 5:44 AM

Such a worthy cause....and commendable to be reaching out as you are!

Heading to your site shortly......

....And Tnanks!!
    "C."

3. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Tue, May 22, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Thanks for replying E & C!!

For those that may not know, this Walk is a journey of 60 miles over 3 days; and it's like nothing I've ever experienced before. It truly is my ONE time that I leave the industry of wine and spirits behind and just focus on this amazing community I've joined! Beleive me, this Walk KICKS YOUR ASS, but I have learned not too complain too much...especially when you're walking behind someone with a sign on their back that reads "think blisters hurt? try chemotherapy". That stops the bitching quickly!

4. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Tue, May 22, 2012 at 1:36 PM

LET'S GET MARLEY TO HER GOAL!!!

60 miles over 3 days Marely,good luck really
    I am an angel. My horns are just there to hold the halo up

5. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Thu, May 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I needed to "bump" this up...falling too far down!

The Walk is not until the end of October, but I'd really like to get my minimum requirement much, much sooner.

6. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Fri, May 25, 2012 at 8:51 AM

I must be blind, where can I make a donation?

7. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Fri, May 25, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Got it. Thanks a bunch.

8. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Sat, May 26, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Thanks for getting that for me, Elly!! I had a bit of "drama" with my nephew starting Thursday afternoon that kept my attention through Friday. I love him to the moon and back, but sometimes I just want to shake him...and his mother!!

A big THANK YOU goes to "JH"!!!

I'm starting to get back into training next week. Just as Florida is heating up!

9. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Mon, May 28, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Done. I just wish it could've been more Marley.

Anyone that can, please try to give a little something.

10. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Mon, May 28, 2012 at 1:22 PM

razor_wire wrote:
    Done. I just wish it could've been more Marley.

Anyone that can, please try to give a little something.

THANK YOU!!
    You guys are great!!!

11. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Tue, May 29, 2012 at 8:15 AM

I needed a change, but I don't think I'll keep this one too long...it was one I had on my laptop (easily accessible!). You can see Marley's head just below my chin.

12. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Tue, May 29, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Hej Elly you have new pictureeee,it is awesomeee
    I am an angel. My horns are just there to hold the halo up

13. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Thu, May 31, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Thank You!!
    I've been low-key so far...I'll get there! I haven't even started getting the word out at work.

14. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 8:37 AM

* bump *

15. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Thanks for the bump, RW!! I have got to get cracking on both fund-raising and training. I'm doing a small 3-mile walk tonight; during the week the most we do is 8 miles because the walks are in the evening. On the flip side, I won't get up at stupid-o'clock on a Saturday for less than 8 miles. The training walk leaders all insist on starting around 6:30/7:00 on Saturday morning...no thanks! Plus, I'm a veteran; don't need to train like a first-timer!

16. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 11:45 AM

It's been awhile. Marley, how are you doing with the training and the donations?

#FreeRandyBlythe

17. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Howdy!! I wish I could say differently, but I'm pretty much in the same place I was. Work has been insane, so I haven't been able to attend any training walks and I haven't done anything more with fundraising. That will change this week!

Thanks for asking! Just discussing the event gets me motivated!!

18. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 10:16 AM

That's what I am here for.

#FreeRandyBlythe

19. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 10:17 AM

We miss you...Still have not heard how your vacation was. Hope all is well dont work to hard.

20. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I think she is waiting for her pastry name