Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Mon, May 21, 2012 at 7:46 PM

[url= http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/2012/TampaBayEvent2012?px=1165258&pg=personal&fr_id=1770]My SGK 3-Day Personal Page

Hello Smackers! Since 2005 I have been honored to be a part of the Susan G Komen 3-Day for The Cure Community. I started as a Crew Member in 2005, and registered as a Walker for the first time in 2006. With the exception of 2009, I have participated each year since them; I alternate between Crewing and Walking and this year will be my 4th Walking year!

Why am I telling you this? A requirement to be a Walker is fund-raising; each Walker must raise a minimum of $2300. That's not good enough for me! My personal goal this year is $3500! That's where YOU can come in!

In past years, I have been honored to see names of my fellow Smackers show up on my donation Honor Roll. I hope that can be the same this year! In case you're unsure, the donations do not come to me; they go directly to SGK for The Cure.

We raise funds for research, programs and grants that are funded through SGK for The Cure. SGK is so much more than a pink ribbon. And for me, it's a very personal cause. Breast Cancer struck my mother when I was just 4 years old; in the crude times of 1975, they thought they "got it all". When it came back a short 4 years later, it was everywhere. I lost my mother a month before my 9th birthday. Not being enough pain, her older sister lost her battle just 8 years later.

Any donation you can give is greatly appreciated. NO amount is too small, honestly! I would love to see my Honor Roll scrolling with name after name after name. It all adds up!

Please click the link above a take a moment to visit my personal page.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Now back to the regularly scheduled programming of tattoos, VIP experiences, and of course, Lemmy!

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:41 AM

That's awesome Marley. Congrats! even if something was chasing me I couldn't run 11 miles. no way.

2. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Way to go Marley!!! wahoo, I'm so impressed, I'm with Razor, if I was to chase him, I'd give up, he'd give up and we'd both go for a beer! LOL
    As you said every step, every mile, ALL worth it! Go GIRL!!

3. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 9:45 AM

razor_wire wrote:
    That's awesome Marley. Congrats! even if something was chasing me I couldn't run 11 miles. no way.

Me either. That's awesome.

4. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Congrats Marley, that's awesome. The walk went past my house on Sunday, it was awesome watching everyone involved, very moving.

5. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I should have a 12-mile training walk this Saturday; not sure yet. Waiting to hear about plans for the weekend.

6. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 6:04 AM

Is it true that chewing gum helps with the breathing? I have breathing issues.....it's not that i am out of shape it's a medical issue. sucks!! I used to be able to ride my bike forever now I cannot even go around my whole neighborhood.

7. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 8:28 AM

I've only heard that chewing gum makes you hungry.

GO!! MARLEY! GO!!
    (wish we could have colour!)

And now that Randy is free.... donate your money to Marley!!! DO IT - to quote SC

8. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 7:59 PM

13 miles tomorrow. Last week we only ended up with 9, but we did two bridges twice, so we factored that in. I made it through, but when we sat down for lunch, the heat finally took me down. Hoping tomorrow is better for me.

9. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Great job! I'm exhausted reading about it, phew!

10. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:37 AM

MB - How is the training going?

11. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Not so good; we're in our rainy season and we keep getting rained out during the week after work. We set out for 13 miles this past Saturday but had to come in at 9; thunder and lightning everywhere. But that's Florida in the summer!!

There is a system (TS Isaac) developing now that could affect us over the weekend...not good since we have the Republican National Convention starting on Sunday!

If the weather does hold up, I'll do 14 miles on Saturday and maybe join the group on Sunday. With this being my 4th time as a Walker, I don't train as strictly as the newcomers.

Thanks for asking!! This thread helps to keep me motivated!

12. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 12:52 PM

You know we're all behind you, push you on!! Go Marley! Go Marley!

13. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 1:38 PM

And before I forget again...THANK YOU, BG!!!

14. BG avatar BG

Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Don't mention it. Got ya last yr, no reason not to this yr too

15. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Well keep on truckin'....

16. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Go Marley, Go Marley

Just bumping it up for motivation

17. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 11:46 AM

ok more motivation...

I always wear the bind rune for Peace and Happiness. Orginal one is bone, then the other is silver I had it custom made. I don't normally wear them both together but I'm asking for double power, Anyway a friend, breast cancer survivor, a year cancer FREE, Aug 17, she just sent the circle one, with a thanks note for being there and supporting her through it. The circle says love, hope, dream. around it. When I saw it I knew I had to put it on my necklace, So there, inspiration, the circle!!

[

18. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Marley!!! How is training?? I still think Sully should show up and walk with you! He's doing the marathon, he can do this. Come on Sully, walk with Marley!!!

19. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 7:07 AM

She's at 15% of her goal. Oh please help her reach her goal. It's such a great cause!

Any amount will dooooooooooooooo! Any amount!

20. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Hope everyone is watching - Stand Up To Cancer!!