Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Mon, May 21, 2012 at 7:46 PM

[url= http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/2012/TampaBayEvent2012?px=1165258&pg=personal&fr_id=1770]My SGK 3-Day Personal Page

Hello Smackers! Since 2005 I have been honored to be a part of the Susan G Komen 3-Day for The Cure Community. I started as a Crew Member in 2005, and registered as a Walker for the first time in 2006. With the exception of 2009, I have participated each year since them; I alternate between Crewing and Walking and this year will be my 4th Walking year!

Why am I telling you this? A requirement to be a Walker is fund-raising; each Walker must raise a minimum of $2300. That's not good enough for me! My personal goal this year is $3500! That's where YOU can come in!

In past years, I have been honored to see names of my fellow Smackers show up on my donation Honor Roll. I hope that can be the same this year! In case you're unsure, the donations do not come to me; they go directly to SGK for The Cure.

We raise funds for research, programs and grants that are funded through SGK for The Cure. SGK is so much more than a pink ribbon. And for me, it's a very personal cause. Breast Cancer struck my mother when I was just 4 years old; in the crude times of 1975, they thought they "got it all". When it came back a short 4 years later, it was everywhere. I lost my mother a month before my 9th birthday. Not being enough pain, her older sister lost her battle just 8 years later.

Any donation you can give is greatly appreciated. NO amount is too small, honestly! I would love to see my Honor Roll scrolling with name after name after name. It all adds up!

Please click the link above a take a moment to visit my personal page.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Now back to the regularly scheduled programming of tattoos, VIP experiences, and of course, Lemmy!

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Hey!!! She's rolling.... up to 23%. higher, higher... go girl!!

2. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 5:34 AM

she's up to 27%...

3. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I just got my fundraising going here at work...hopefully those numbers will be shooting up soon! I've never not made the goal, usually go over, but I'm seeing some slackers this year. A lot of my family and close family-like friends have not yet stepped up. They don't understand I need the funds BEFORE the event.

Thanks for keeping track of me, Elly! You are the best!

4. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Just doing my part to keep you motivated and to push up your total.
    i wish Sully would join you, screw the marathon lol, do a different one, join Marley! join Marley!

5. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 7:55 AM

44% of goal

wahoooo!!! Go girl!!

6. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 4:02 PM

I'm starting to feel the pressure now...I've never been this far behind 4 weeks from the event. I should have a $100 check waiting for me at work; hopefully my co-workers are going to come through for me!

7. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 12:53 PM

No pressure, you'll get what you get, it's not for lack of trying. I hope that cheque comes in. Come on people at Marley's work... GIVE HER MONEY!!!!

8. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 8:26 AM

She's at 66% of her goal... FABULOUS!!!

9. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 10:28 AM

77% now, with another $165 to deposit tonight! I've never been this concerned or nervous before, but it's finally coming together!

I also have a check being sent in for me, but the checks are taking some time to post, so I'm not sure if it will hit before my check-in time. Regardless, I'm so thrilled and overwhelmed by that...some of my co-walkers held a fundraiser this weekend and it did very, very well. They had all made their minimum requirements, so they are sending some in for me!! I saw this via facebook and have not yet had the chance to acknowledge them, but I will as soon as I get home.

I've been re-reading Nancy Brinker's book "Promise Me", which tells the story of her sister, Susan G Komen and how this all got started. I have an infinity amount of respect and admiration for Nancy and rereading the book has helped to focus me more.

I am so excited...less than 3 weeks away!!
    where are those pink elephants and dancing bananas when you need them??

10. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 12:16 PM

89% YAY

You don't need pink elephants and banana's. You'll have surprises when you get there.

11. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 1:08 PM

WOW you made it!! Nice. 100%.

12. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Yay, congrats

13. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Happy Dance ~ Snoopy Style!!

YES!! I made it finally! Tough year for fundraising, but I'm there! And with this great news came my first 3-Day dream (this season). I was with a group of people settling into our hotel room (I don't stay at camp, go home each night, but in the dream it was a hotel)...there was a PILE of us trying to get settled for the night in one room; I think it was one bed.

And was this fellow Walkers or Crew members I was with? Relatives from out of town? NO! It was this crazy-ass bunch...yes, YOUS GUYS!! Razor, you're a bed hog.

14. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Congratulation Marley
    "Life is but the memories we've created"

15. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 1:40 PM

MarleyBlue wrote:
    Razor, you're a bed hog.

You know it. Hope my Dutch Ovens weren't too much for ya.

16. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Really? LOL, you could have at least dreamt of Sully/Robbie/Tony and Shannon doing the walk with you. LOL

17. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 6:32 AM

Thank You for all your Support & Encouragement!!!

The 1st picture is from the Ceremonies rehearsal, in which I was honored to carry the "Honoring My Mother" flag. The 2nd picture is on Day 2 of the Walk; my friend and I took pictures with the "My Aunt" flag. And the 3rd picture is me getting rid of those walking shoes and putting on my flamingo feet slippers! Walked from the Closing Ceremonies site to the parking garage and even to dinner in those!

18. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Great pixs, great cause!

19. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Hey Mar....ley

Got mail today, thank you.....love them, beautiful. Will be put in my china cabinet

20. Re: 2012 SGK 3-Day for The Cure ~ Tampa Style!

Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Nice pictures