Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Movies....

Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 12:09 PM

What about Asian cinema? Who's into that, and if there are such, what kind of movies do you like?

I recently saw some pretty good Korean and Japanese movies.

BTW I saw the last Batman, but without Heath and his Joker, that movie wasn't that good. I really liked the Dark Knight because of Heath Ledger.

2. Re: Movies....

Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I was checking out Bloody-Disgusting

http://bloody-disgusting.com/film/113755/devil-inside-6/

Have you checked it yet? It's great.

3. Re: Movies....

Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 9:04 AM

it only got 2 1/2 skulls but it looks like a good movie, popcorn tossing scary LOL

4. Re: Movies....

Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 5:20 PM

SC what genre do you typically like? All I do is watch movies if I'm not working. I'm not to big on slash and gore but I do love suspenseful and scary.
    Georgia

5. Re: Movies....

Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 5:34 PM

I watch IFC alot, they run some really obscure, really good movies.

Of the top of my head I would suggest

The Legend of 1900
    Paul
    The Other Bolyen Girl
    A Love Song For Bobby Long
    Girl With a Pearl Earring
    True Romance *Best Movie Ever*
    Shutter Island - was okay
    The Departed - was awesome
    Bug - with Ashley Judd was bizarre and good
    Eye of The Beholder is another Ashley Judd movie that was pretty good

I saw The Human Centipede... It was like a train wreck, I literally sat there with the remote in my hand and could not shut it off!
    Georgia

6. Re: Movies....

Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 6:16 PM

The Departed is an awesome movie...I own that one. I love mob movies. Goodfellas is my favortie. Blow is a great movie I highly recommend that one.

Horror is my favorite type of movie though. I have been obsessed with that shit since i was young.
    I used to watch all the Sleep Away Camps, Halloween, Friday the 13th,Chainsaw Massacare....those are like classic horror movies.

Now i am loving any type of Paranormal (hauntings,ghost's and shit..lol those type of movies.) I do like the Paranormal Activity movies those can be pretty suspensful. I need to see 3 and 4. Love Rob Zombie movie's I can watch those over and over.

I saw True Romance in the movies long ass time ago...with Christian Slater, right?

I also like wacked out movies like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Natural Born Killers, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, Resevoir Dogs.All the Quintin Tarantino movies...

7. BG avatar BG

Re: Movies....

Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Georgia wrote:
    I watch IFC alot, they run some really obscure, really good movies.

Of the top of my head I would suggest

The Legend of 1900
    Paul
    The Other Bolyen Girl
    A Love Song For Bobby Long
    Girl With a Pearl Earring
    True Romance *Best Movie Ever*
    Shutter Island - was okay
    The Departed - was awesome
    Bug - with Ashley Judd was bizarre and good
    Eye of The Beholder is another Ashley Judd movie that was pretty good

I saw The Human Centipede... It was like a train wreck, I literally sat there with the remote in my hand and could not shut it off!
    Georgia

"Bug" was definitely bizarre! I liked it alot though.

8. Re: Movies....

Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 3:51 PM

your a bug.

9. BG avatar BG

Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

~StangChick~ wrote:
    your a bug.

lovebug

10. Re: Movies....

Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Shadow men cannot love.

11. BG avatar BG

Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Well there's an exception to every rule, and I'm it.

12. Re: Movies....

Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:52 PM

nonsense.

13. Re: Movies....

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 6:26 AM

~StangChick~ wrote:
    Love American Horror Story. I was addicted.

yep, love it too. I heard they're completely changing it for next season. Moving it out of the house and back in time to an insane asylum in the 60's where Jessica Lange's character worked.

14. Re: Movies....

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 6:27 AM

So it goes backwards...nice.

15. Re: Movies....

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 6:30 AM

yeah, I think it's a good idea. Jessica Lange is amazing in her role. plus the 60's are just damn creepy anyway.

16. Re: Movies....

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 6:31 AM

So now you're talking TV shows...in the movie thread. Gotta love this place! hehe
    Graspop Metal!!! Rules!

17. Re: Movies....

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 6:31 AM

shit, it's the topic police. make a break for it Stang!

18. Re: Movies....

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 6:32 AM

Yeah, she does a good job. She was the mother in House of 1000 Corpses, right?

19. Re: Movies....

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 6:34 AM

that's right. Jessica Lange makes one hell of a scary old lady. I love her.

20. Re: Movies....

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 6:59 AM

so getting back on track with movies...

a few years ago me and 5 friends spent a weekend at a very remote cottage in rural Ontario. great place, very secluded. one night we decided to link as many extension cords as we could find (many hundreds of feet) and set the tv and speakers up in the dense forest. We were so far from the cottage that you forgot it was even there. we did some drinking, smoking, talking and music listening and then finally at about midnight we put on the Blair Witch dvd. I think everyone there had already seen the movie, but I tell you... in that environment, sitting in the dirt in the middle of a pitch black forest, the sounds of bugs and animals scurrying by, people snapping branches under them... it was terrifying. The entire group of us got completely freaked out. One girl lost her shit, tried to run for the cottage and whacked her head on a branch. It was awesome. We still talk about how cool it was.