Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

Vegans are like Christians.

Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Both are trying to remove something awesome (sin/meat) from your life and replace it with what they think is better ( Jesus/broccoli)
We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Vegans are like Christians.

Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I think that is a personal choice, it should not be badmouthed. To each his or her own. What a world it would be if we were all the same, same religion, same eating habits, How boring.

But DG, so good to have you back.

Everything is a personal choice. Fine to have an opinion but that's all it is, your opinion.

We miss you!

2. Re: Vegans are like Christians.

Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I don't care if you don't want to eat meat, that's fine, have at it but when you try to force your lifestyle on me is when I have a problem.

I have a vegan on my Facebook who would outlaw meat if she could, and you're Satan if you eat meat.
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

3. Re: Vegans are like Christians.

Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I just had a burger.

4. Re: Vegans are like Christians.

Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Guess I'm lucky, I have never met anyone who forces their ways/thoughts/beliefs on me. Never met a preachy type. I guess they see it as the only way, which is their opinion, not everyones.
    Religion will always be a touchy subject, along with politics, abortion, etc etc. There will always be debates. I'm just not into it all, I take people for who they are, not everyone agrees with my beliefs, which is fine, I'm not forcing them to. Forcing is wrong but that is my opinion.

5. Re: Vegans are like Christians.

Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 11:02 AM

I usually eat healthier foods but sometimes you have to give into temptation. As for Religion I never cared for it.

A forty nine year old unidentified man went berserk last night opening fire with a 12 gauge shotgun in a crowded downtown restaurant ...............

6. Re: Vegans are like Christians.

Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I cant imagine my life without meat,sorry but I just can't.
    I respect other peoples believes,I just don't understand them....
    "Love-Sex"

7. Re: Vegans are like Christians.

Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:00 PM

~StangChick~ wrote:
    I just had a burger.

Me too.

8. Re: Vegans are like Christians.

Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:15 PM

grilled fish -so good
    "Love-Sex"

9. Re: Vegans are like Christians.

Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I have given brief (very brief) thought to a possible vegetarian (NOT vegan) lifestyle, but damn it, I just like COW way too much. Though it must be adult cow, no baby cow for me. I could do without the PIG, don't eat anything (AT ALL) from the sea as it is, so it's really just cow and chicken. No lamb, NO duck (I believe I've mentioned my fondness for them before), don't really care for turkey.

10. Re: Vegans are like Christians.

Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 2:38 PM

meat is good
    "Love-Sex"

11. Re: Vegans are like Christians.

Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I'm vegetarian and I don't give a shit what anyone else eats. Why would I?

12. Re: Vegans are like Christians.

Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 2:47 PM

No you should now!!!!!
    the only meat you need to like is the "white meat"
    "Love-Sex"

13. Re: Vegans are like Christians.

Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 4:10 PM

My food shits on your food.

I don't eat anything from the sea either, chicken and beef only pretty much.

14. Re: Vegans are like Christians.

Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I only eat orange Play-Doh.

15. Re: Vegans are like Christians.

Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 5:16 PM

DG, welcome back and of course you'd do a thread like this to start everyone going. We've missed that.
    Food is a personal preference. There is no right or wrong. Who cares if a person is Vegan or Meat-an. They can eat dog shit for all I care. All that matters is that they are a good person. (and as long as they don't breathe on me lol)

16. Re: Vegans are like Christians.

Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 6:59 AM

I agree with you Elly
    but some things are really strange,in China they eat dogs,in Africa they eat ants -it is strange for us
    but we eat cows-how strange it is for someone from India???

"Love-Sex"

17. Re: Vegans are like Christians.

Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 7:12 AM

I know, a lady I work with eats chicken feet. Wow, I could feed a village with my dog in China!! Ants, really? Although I've heard of chocolate covered ants. Yeah that still would not make me eat an ant lol. But I'm sure at some point everyone has or will eat a bug, not by choice, it just happens, how gross lol.

So I think in the end, there is a trillion zillion choices for food, eat whatever you like. enjoy!

18. Re: Vegans are like Christians.

Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 7:17 AM

chicken feet is very tasty
    but people eat snakes,turtles, poison fish , everything
    you should try lamb brain or heart ,it is very nice
    but I would never try shells or dog....
    "Love-Sex"

19. Re: Vegans are like Christians.

Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Oh I've seen the cooking shows where they taste and cook everything. I just can not imagine dog. I would cry. And if they served it with the dog's head as decoration on the platter, I would lose it lol. They can eat it, I just don't want to watch it.

20. Re: Vegans are like Christians.

Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Blagica wrote:
    chicken feet is very tasty
    but people eat snakes,turtles, poison fish , everything
    you should try lamb brain or heart ,it is very nice
    but I would never try shells or dog....
    "Love-Sex"

There are just some things that I will pass on, no matter how tasty they may be!