Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

whats the point, Dom.

Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 5:01 AM

this board will never be what it was before and clearly nobody is that interested in posting. might as well shut it down and call it a day.
"When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

http://the-dark-gift.deviantart.com/

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: whats the point, Dom.

Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Yep, this site is dead. Not sure if it is the cutover to new site, or a falling off of enthusiasm of Godsmack fans?? i have been a fan for a couple of years now, I do notice that the shows are very repetitive, the guys are great musicians, they put on a great show, but even with the new music every show feels the same. maybe the fan base is fading a bit??

2. Re: whats the point, Dom.

Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 5:28 PM

The whole site is ugly, poorly designed and poorly run. Why would anyone want to come here.
    This board is a joke. It's like the lowest platform in existance with terrible features.
    There is never any kind of news or updates posted and people ask questions that rarely get answered.
    Either step up and do it correctly or shut the fucking thing down.
    They sure remember to let everybody know about the VIP packages though...

3. Re: whats the point, Dom.

Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 5:39 PM

the old site was dead also, the only time i remember it picking up is when Godsmack was coming out with The Oracle, and we had those webisode's.

I do miss the old design.
    "In your eyes, you can bid me farewell."

4. RE: Re: whats the point, Dom.

Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 11:01 PM

NYCGSFAN wrote:
    Yep, this site is dead. Not sure if it is the cutover to new site, or a falling off of enthusiasm of Godsmack fans?? i have been a fan for a couple of years now, I do notice that the shows are very repetitive, the guys are great musicians, they put on a great show, but even with the new music every show feels the same. maybe the fan base is fading a bit??

I haven't been a fan since Awake for that very reason.
    "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

5. Re: whats the point, Dom.

Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 11:04 PM

well said Immune, the old site was very much dead and broken (get it?) Seems the McGrudges skip over my post to go right into this mess.
    ~ I'm tougher then nails, I can promise you that~

6. Re: whats the point, Dom.

Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 3:40 AM

McGrudges? new Mcdonalds sandwich?

7. Re: whats the point, Dom.

Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 4:22 AM

Calling people childish names is just sooo helpful.

8. Re: whats the point, Dom.

Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 6:20 AM

isn't it though ?

9. Re: whats the point, Dom.

Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 7:00 AM

I think Dark is a big boy and can a little humor. The negativity some of you people carry around is just sad. No one makes you come to this forum yet you continue to keep posting in the forums. Rather then resisting the new site, try accepting it. It just might make your lives a little easier :)

10. Re: whats the point, Dom.

Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 9:09 AM

yes I definitely can a little humor.

11. Re: whats the point, Dom.

Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Forevah~Shamed wrote:
    I think Dark is a big boy and can a little humor. The negativity some of you people carry around is just sad. No one makes you come to this forum yet you continue to keep posting in the forums. Rather then resisting the new site, try accepting it. It just might make your lives a little easier :)

Except that when you add an "s" to the end of a word you are talking about more than one person and I certainly do not appreciate your name calling or your so called humor. If you want to make this a better place then maybe you should take a good look at your own behavior.

So you want more people to come to the forum but just the people who's attitudes you like and those who you dont should just not post because you dont like what you see as their negative attitude. That's a rather odd approach to get more people to post.

But I have seriously lost any interest in all this. Done.

12. Re: whats the point, Dom.

Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 9:48 AM

First off, to imply I was inserting you into my plurals is completely on you. If I had anything to say about you or to you then I'd speak directly to you. So don;t take something I say, turn it upside down, invert it, cross it, then wrap it in barbed wire and try throwing it back in my face in an attempt to keep going with your negativity. He "can a little humor" as so can I and most other forum users. If I was name calling I'd have used big meanie instead

13. Re: whats the point, Dom.

Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Wow...what a child. Now that's sad. You are the ONLY one being mean or rude to anyone here. But I'm finished with this whole pointless conversation.

14. Re: whats the point, Dom.

Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 10:08 AM

um, *raises hand* I don't want another like me here, one of me is enough. and for the record, I will accept "big meanie".

15. Re: whats the point, Dom.

Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Its all in fun kitty

16. Re: whats the point, Dom.

Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 10:57 AM

things usually are fun in kitties.

17. Moderator

Re: whats the point, Dom.

Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 10:51 PM

BADBADKITTY wrote:
    The whole site is ugly, poorly designed and poorly run. Why would anyone want to come here.
    This board is a joke. It's like the lowest platform in existance with terrible features.
    There is never any kind of news or updates posted and people ask questions that rarely get answered.
    Either step up and do it correctly or shut the fucking thing down.
    They sure remember to let everybody know about the VIP packages though...

A. Paula you don't HAVE to come here... if you do not like it here, simply do not post here... quite simple.

B. If you do not like the site design that is fine, but you are not hurting my feelings by saying so. I did not design the website nor the boards, Ground CTRL kindly built the site for us. They automatically integrated the boards into the site instead of going through a second party site (like the old boards) which is much easier and makes more sense.

C. If the site is not up to you par... again, simply do not post/visit here. It is impossible to please everyone, especially some of the people who post here like yourself. You continuously find something to complain about like it's your full time job. Perhaps this is just your way of trying to get under my skin again, which you spend a lot of time doing sadly. The site gets updated frequently in the NEWS section so it doesn't make sense for me to post updates again in the forums. This is a perk of having everything integrated into one site, so there is no need for re-posting it.

D. If you have a issue with VIP passes then do not buy them, I am sure you can figure out another way to meet the guys.. as you have in the past without spending your money ;) You negativity is unnecessary once again.. therefore I am respectfully done with this convo after this response.

TheDarkGift since you feel the same way I will say the same thing to you. No one is holding a gun to your head making you visit/post here. You come here daily at your own will and choice. It's not like you have anything positive to ever say about the members here or the band. I will never understand why people who say they are so against something spend much of the life contributing to it... complaining or not, makes absolutely no sense.. and never will.

Everyone is ALWAYS welcomed here as always, but for those who continue to complain and complain ... again, we are not holding you against your will to be a member of this community. Unless your passion is complaining, find something else you love to do and focus your time and energy doing that instead. This place is suppose to be a positive community for fans of the band who want to contribute and connect with other fans, not a bashing forum geared towards the community and the people who put it together.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Grab your gun, time to go to hell. I'm no hero guilty as charged..... Search & Destroy... "

18. Re: whats the point, Dom.

Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:11 AM

lol. Get overyourself Dom. None of that was directed at you it was at ground control. You are so unprofessional and childish this thread was over weeks ago.

19. Re: whats the point, Dom.

Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 6:27 AM

If it wasn't directed at Dom, then maybe you shouldn't have been posting in whats clearly a thread directed to her. There is a section called "Site Suuggestions" you could have posted in but you chose, instead, to post under this one. Now maybe, just maybe you don't know how to use the forum and just post comments on the newest post. If that the case, you can click on any subject and it will pull up threads for that subject. But since you were an avid user of the other site I'm sure you knew this. So there goes that possibility. Looks like we stuck with the only option of yes, you were trying to fontly attack the Mod. Kind of lame but I guess when you have nothing better to do.... Childish is the one with the name calling tsktsk. Meeeeeeoooowww, retract the claws kitty and smile, its a beautiful fuggin day. I bet if you wave your arms fast enough it'll part the clouds for you

20. Re: whats the point, Dom.

Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 6:28 AM

TheDarkGift since you feel the same way I will say the same thing to you. No one is holding a gun to your head making you visit/post here.

you don't know that.

not a bashing forum geared towards the community and the people who put it together

never once did I do that.

This place is suppose to be a positive community

lol