Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :
MIA avatar MIA

Ink Master

Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Anyone watching it? it's on Spike TV for us...in Canada. flipping last night and ahh what is this? Yay, i caught the first show, 10 tattoo artists, weekly challenges, then one is elimated. GREAT SHOW. loved it. So the first quick challenge....they had to do a tattoo of a skull on a hanging dead pig. Then winner gets an advantage to the elimation challenge. Which was a cover up. Cover up an existing tattoo....human canvas. This poor lady was cursing and screaming...she ended up walking out. (oh fuck do i know how that hurts, i had my moon/star tat re-done....go to happy place...there is NO fucking happy place...it hurts like hell.)
so one guy was elimated as the judges didn't like his work.
Next show, quick challenge they had to do lines on a car. elimation challenge.... do a tribal tattoo.... OUCH one guy wanted it on his head, OUCH! so he ended up getting dizzy and blood pressure rising, they had to stop. oh i felt bad for him, i can't imagine the pain of getting a tat on your head. i'm sure in time he'll get it finished off. it amazes me these human canvasses volunteer. They are pretty good tattoo artists but i like knowing who i'm going to. anyway it's a really good show. i like it.
Hosted by Dave Navarro. i really like the judges, they cut the artists apart but so they should, this is art on someone's body....forever, it should be perfect, smooth lines etc.
oh the winner will get 100 grand....not bad. not bad at all
"e"

Replies to This Posting

1. MIA avatar MIA

Re: Ink Master

Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 1:23 PM

haha, i wouldn't expect anything less....
    "e"

2. Re: Ink Master

Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Good
    _-=~>•)
    'Tis now the very witching time of night,
    Let me be cruel, not unnatural:
    I will speak daggers to her, but use none;
    _-=~>•)
    Because I could not stop for Death, He kindly stopped for me.

3. MIA avatar MIA

Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 11:53 AM

i think you're an artsy guy.....you should check out Face off....on the space channel. Last night they did body paint. Last years guys/gals were much better but this one guy had the background of a shoe store...you know all the shoes on a wall on display....so he painted the guy to match and he blended amazingly into the background. it was amazing. let me see if i can find a pix....love this show....
    "e"

4. Re: Ink Master

Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Sounds pretty cool .
    _-=~>•)
    'Tis now the very witching time of night,
    Let me be cruel, not unnatural:
    I will speak daggers to her, but use none;
    _-=~>•)
    Because I could not stop for Death, He kindly stopped for me.

5. Re: Ink Master

Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I haven't watched it yet, but was planning to because I do enjoy Mr Chris Nunez (formerly of Miami Ink). I liked the Ink shows in the beginning, but the "reality" drama got old pretty quick. I just like to see the work they do.

6. MIA avatar MIA

Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 8:09 AM

this one is really good. i give hats off to those that volunteer to be the human canvas. Hard to do a challenge in say 5 or 6 hours....a rush job or if they don't finish...will they finish it after for them? i'm enjoying the show. The one judge was married to Kat, right? anyway...
    "e"

7. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 12:03 PM

ahhh Al Fliction is gone. i admit i was ok with that. He razzed everyone...you know those. Your lines were off, my shading was the best blah blah. i'm really liking Bili Vegas and a few others. They are challenged to do a specific type tattoo.....within...5 or sometimes 6 hours. I was sweating for Bili as he had another head tat. noooooo, why him?? but the human canvas guy decided with the time and Bili being honest about that wasn't a lot of time to get it fully done, it was decided on his leg....phew. he was still in the bottom 3...but phew Al went home...i'm sure a sigh of relief from the rest....there will be peace and quiet and harmony amongst them...
    looking forward to next week. i see it's on 3 shows in a row.....really?? how cool unless a few are repeats....but one of them has to be new.
    Such a cool show....but i'd never be a human canvas.......
    "e"

8. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 6:38 AM

Total marathon last night. Replayed them all, plus one new one. Kinda saw it coming, it was Heather's time to go. I had to sweat again over Bili, he's safe but again in the bottom 3. I didn't like his tat last night. Lea did an awesome job and won last night. Very competitive! Really for 100 grand, it should be. My vote still goes to Bili. Hope next week he gets to really shine and no problems with his human canvas.
    "e"

9. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 5:55 AM

yay! There will be another season on ink master. Such a great show. but !@#$$ Bili got told to pack up last night. !@#$%% i liked him. He was my vote. Guess i'm going with Shane now, he does awesome work, his black and grey's are awesome.
    I think they should have a Canadian show....hope they do. My ink guy, Anthony, I know he could win it all. He does awesome work!
    I'll still watch ink master although i'm very disappointed Bili was sent packing. Ok, i did find it a bit...much, when he does a clock, he always puts the hands at 5:55, HIS birth time. umm I dont' want HIS birth time on MY tat....but...whatever, he still shouldn't have been sent home, imo
    "e"

10. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Well the last gal standing went home. omg, they were horrible with the pin up girl tat challenge. The faces...lol the fingers and two right feet. I'm not a big fan of Josh's work but they praise him. ok, he is good but i would never ask for him to tattoo on me. I'm liking Tommy but afraid to mention cause I liked Bili and get sent packing. Shane...I think he'll win. he's good, damn good. Next week they do portraits should be interesting....
    "e"

11. MIA avatar MIA

RE: Ink Master

Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Well Josh went home. Last show is next week. i'm so excited and they are promoting inkers for season 2....yay! So it's Shane Tommy and James. i want Tommy to win but i think it will be Shane. The portraits...Shane...great...but again in black and grey's. At least Tommy wasn't in the bottom. Will be glued to see who wins and when season 2 will start. oh i hope they do a Canada ink masters....i'd be bugging Anthony to go for it. he does amazing portraits, his strength is black, greys, shading BUT he can do colour. Yep, i'd be pushing him to try out for it.
    So i'll say it quietly not to jinx him...Go Tommy....win it from Shane! Be the first Ink Master.

What will i watch when this is over? it went by so fast!!!!
    "e"

12. RE: Ink Master

Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I agree, I want tommy to win too. Shane's a dick but very talented and will probably win.

13. MIA avatar MIA

Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 11:05 AM

sweet!!! someone to join in...... it's usually me blabbering away LOL. Go Tommy!

are you watching Face Off?
    "e"

14. RE: Ink Master

Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Havent heard of it, what's it about? Im slow on some of these shows, just now watching the show inked on netflix since we're thinking about gettin tatted the night of the concert in vegas

15. MIA avatar MIA

Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 5:08 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face_Off_(TV_series)

http://www.fearnet.com/news/reviews/b25588_tv_recap_face_off_episode_208.html

Matt is my choice. i quietly vote for him......i don't want to jinx him.

i love these type of reality shows..... tattoo.....can you imagine being able to do it? i'm so not artsy so all this totally impresses me and i love watching it.

and tattoo's....what are you getting?
    "e"

16. RE: Ink Master

Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I mess around with drawing sometimes, couldn't amagine tatooing someone that's permanent those people are super talented.

I have one tattoo and its the three days grace logo with the words lost in you, fiance has the same one, we met talking about music and three days grace is my all time favorite band, don't get me wrong I love godsmack but 3dg number one to me. I preposed to her at a 3dg concert last year.

We both want the godsmack logo tattooed and maybe steal your idea of having sully sign it too then getting it done at the tattoo place that's on inked, hart and huntington.

17. MIA avatar MIA

Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 9:55 AM

i know that is what gets me, the talent they have...and we wear it proudly!

GS don't have to be the fav of all time. really they don't. The fact you're here and supporting them....all fans are the best no matter who else they like/love.

My sun was all done with dots, it looks amazing, i love it, most are lines drawn etc, My tattoo guy goes for different. Up close it looks so cool, the pix doesn't do it justice. Or am i partial LMAO, cause Sully signed above it?? hehe
    i bet there are thousands out there that have his signature tat'd. Or other musicians....my dream is Steven Tyler. i'd have that done in GOLD LOL. i save a spot because you never know. Never in a million years thought i'd meet Sully then meet him again along with Tony, Robbie and Shannon. A great experience.

Very sweet with your gal, very sweet.

Show your tat when you get it, would love to see it.
    "e"

18. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 6:25 AM

Well season one is over....yeah Shane won. I was really gunning for Tommy, his last tat's were amazing! The one he did on the guys back.....I would totally love that one. I knew James didn't really stand a chance, a chance to stick it to the judges and he stuck to his comfort zone of inking. At least Shane shoved colour in their faces and Tommy did another face.They showed the judges they weren't lacking. Shane, the part of the tat...the eye...it was amazing!!! Guess he deserved to win the 100 grand as he won a lot of challenges and he is a great artist but so is Tommy. Although he didn't win the whole thing, i'm sure Tommy's business will be booming.
    The last challenge....those brave human canvas people..... the tat artist was to pick whatever tat THEY wanted....the human canvas had NO say....very brave of them....sure tat me, whatever you want. Not sure i could do that, But they ALL came out with amazing tat's from the artist.

So congrats Shane, wish it was Tommy.

Come on season TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "e"

19. RE: Ink Master

Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 7:01 AM

Tommys back tattoo was just awesome! He totally killed it on the last two but overall shane was the most consistent. Don't know how happy id be with a portrait of some lady on me but tommy did a great job. Great show sorry to see it end for now, can't wait for season two, meanwhile ill finish inked on netflix.

20. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 9:15 AM

(Don't know how happy id be with a portrait of some lady on me but tommy did a great job)

i was thinking the same thing!!! that is why i couldn't be a human canvas BUT she can say she was on TV for ink master....a good memory. And good story to tell everyone. OR she can go back to Tommy and have him do a cover up LOL

for sure looking forward to Season 2
    "e"