Close

Sign Up For The Godsmack Newsletter

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Profiles?????

Wed, May 9, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I get that putting personal information on the web anywhere can be dangerous, but there are so many people signed on here with empty profiles! I don't know why this bugs me but it does. Granted most of the more frequent users have at least basic info, but it's hard to filter by area to find like minded fans in your area.
Georgia

Replies to This Posting

  1. Re: Profiles?????

    Wed, May 9, 2012 at 7:26 PM

    James S wrote:
    I completely understand the empty profile thing, but unfortunately, if everyone had a full profile, there are the bad apples who would view this as sort of a "Godsmack-themed Match.com."
    I mean, I received a friend request from a female (I hope) and I completely understand that just by my avatar pic that you can see I am one sexy beast. But I want to be respected for who I am as a person, and as a fan of the band. I'm not just a piece of meat, ya know?


    My point exactly, like minded fans. But you are right, there are bad apples everywhere... It was just an observation and random thought that escaped, happens to me a lot, LOL :)
    Georgia

  2. Re: Profiles?????

    Wed, May 9, 2012 at 7:29 PM

    that being said......what's your sign?

    bwahahahahahaha

  3. Re: Profiles?????

    Wed, May 9, 2012 at 7:37 PM

    James S wrote:
    that being said......what's your sign?

    bwahahahahahaha



    Georgia

  4. Re: Profiles?????

    Wed, May 9, 2012 at 7:39 PM

    Georgia wrote:
    The-Dark-Gift wrote:
    This isn't a dating site, what do you need in their profiles? Are you going to start stalking them?
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.


    Maybe, but you have my word it won't be you.
    Georgia


    Thank god
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

  5. Re: Profiles?????

    Thu, May 10, 2012 at 5:28 AM

    James S wrote:
    I completely understand the empty profile thing, but unfortunately, if everyone had a full profile, there are the bad apples who would view this as sort of a "Godsmack-themed Match.com."
    I mean, I received a friend request from a female (I hope) and I completely understand that just by my avatar pic that you can see I am one sexy beast. But I want to be respected for who I am as a person, and as a fan of the band. I'm not just a piece of meat, ya know?


    I requested you but it was more Rob Zombie that grabbed my attention..i'm a Zombie fan, I'm not looking for love got enough of that from my man and 2 kids. :)

  6. Re: Profiles?????

    Thu, May 10, 2012 at 6:27 AM

    James S wrote:
    I completely understand the empty profile thing, but unfortunately, if everyone had a full profile, there are the bad apples who would view this as sort of a "Godsmack-themed Match.com."
    I mean, I received a friend request from a female (I hope) and I completely understand that just by my avatar pic that you can see I am one sexy beast. But I want to be respected for who I am as a person, and as a fan of the band. I'm not just a piece of meat, ya know?


    A hugable piece-o-meat perhaps...? HaHaHa!!

    I rarely venture off the first page, if even that. My thoughts are that those that have blank profiles, are simply registering for the sake of getting into the presale and nothing more.

    "C."

  7. Re: Profiles?????

    Thu, May 10, 2012 at 10:08 AM

    ~StangChick~ wrote:
    James S wrote:
    I completely understand the empty profile thing, but unfortunately, if everyone had a full profile, there are the bad apples who would view this as sort of a "Godsmack-themed Match.com."
    I mean, I received a friend request from a female (I hope) and I completely understand that just by my avatar pic that you can see I am one sexy beast. But I want to be respected for who I am as a person, and as a fan of the band. I'm not just a piece of meat, ya know?


    I requested you but it was more Rob Zombie that grabbed my attention..i'm a Zombie fan, I'm not looking for love got enough of that from my man and 2 kids. :)



    That's a face and screen name I haven't seen in quite some time! Glad to see you're still hanging around!

  8. Re: Profiles?????

    Thu, May 10, 2012 at 10:38 AM

    Georgia wrote:
    The-Dark-Gift wrote:
    This isn't a dating site, what do you need in their profiles? Are you going to start stalking them?
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.


    Maybe, but you have my word it won't be you.
    Georgia


    Now that was funny..

  9. Re: Profiles?????

    Thu, May 10, 2012 at 10:39 AM

    Yes I know I finally dragged my a&* over here to the new site. Seems alot different that the old one but nice to see familiar names!

  10. Re: Profiles?????

    Thu, May 10, 2012 at 12:25 PM

    *remembers stangchick*

    Any girl who can ride a horse is good in my books.
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

  11. Re: Profiles?????

    Thu, May 10, 2012 at 2:01 PM

    The-Dark-Gift wrote:
    *remembers stangchick*

    Any girl who can ride a horse is good in my books.
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.


    Pretty sure I remember you as well if your name starts w/ a J and ends w/ a H. lol

  12. Re: Profiles?????

    Thu, May 10, 2012 at 3:26 PM

    It does.
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

  13. Re: Profiles?????

    Fri, May 11, 2012 at 7:29 PM

    mines blank cuz i just never really did anythng with it lol

  14. Re: Profiles?????

    Fri, May 11, 2012 at 7:29 PM

    and dark i see you are making more friends on this board lol

  15. Re: Profiles?????

    Fri, May 11, 2012 at 8:41 PM

    Old friends.
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

  16. Re: Profiles?????

    Sat, May 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM

    People who know not to take me seriously, as opposed to most of you who get butt hurt over the smallest thing. Wahh he was mean to me wahhh sob sob cry cry.
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

  17. Re: Profiles?????

    Sat, May 12, 2012 at 10:53 AM

    The-Dark-Gift wrote:
    People who know not to take me seriously, as opposed to most of you who get butt hurt over the smallest thing.


    I will admit to having taken you seriously on occasion, but I assure you my butt has yet to hurt.

  18. Re: Profiles?????

    Sat, May 12, 2012 at 11:14 AM

    ^ butt hurt

    It's funny cuz autocorrect on my phone turned 'butt hurt' to 'butt thief'
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

  19. Re: Profiles?????

    Sat, May 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM

    My butt hasn't been thieved yet either.

  20. Re: Profiles?????

    Wed, May 23, 2012 at 9:48 AM

    You keep saying yet, which leads one to believe that you are expecting it to happen soon.
    ________________________________
    ...and I am telling you this unequivocally.