Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Changing Screen Name?

Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I'm trying to change my screen name. Are there restrictions in place because everything I try comes back as invalid. I'm just trying to add my real name to it (ie: Dawn~MarleyBlue).

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Changing Screen Name?

Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Maybe it's too long? Or no dashes?

2. Re: Changing Screen Name?

Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 12:23 AM

...and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen or Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen.

3. Re: Changing Screen Name?

Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I have a squigly dash

4. Re: Changing Screen Name?

Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I'm a big fan of your squigly dash.

5. Re: Changing Screen Name?

Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Squiggly*
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

6. Re: Changing Screen Name?

Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Hellooooo?? Staff Members..."ground control" peeps? A little help here?

7. Moderator

Re: Changing Screen Name?

Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 12:41 AM

MarleyBlue wrote:

I am guessing it's because your using the ( ~ ) character in your name, I don't believe it accepts those kind of characters. Did you happen to try without using it??

If it still doesn't work be patient, I doubt the Groundctrl peeps are sitting on here every day. They do manage more than one artist account/website, so it may take them more than a few days to actually see this post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna
    www.godsmack.com | www.sullyerna.com
    godsmackinfo@yahoo.com | info@sullyerna.com

8. Re: Changing Screen Name?

Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 5:49 AM

I don't think it's the ~ character...StangChick uses them in her name. However, I believe I did try it without the character. I tried a LOT of options; have lost track!
    I just thought after all these years, it would be nice to have my real name listed, too!

9. Moderator

Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 3:52 PM

MarleyBlue wrote:
    I don't think it's the ~ character...StangChick uses them in her name. However, I believe I did try it without the character. I tried a LOT of options; have lost track!
    I just thought after all these years, it would be nice to have my real name listed, too!

yea if it works for her, there it shouldn't work for you as well. Hmmm weird.... maybe it's a system glitch. I am having one when I am trying to log in on the site. It won't let me unless I do it from the control panel. It doesn't make such sense considering my login is the same.

Hopefully someone will see this.... if not I'll email someone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna

10. Re: Changing Screen Name?

Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 5:27 AM

I will email someone too.
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

11. Re: Changing Screen Name?

Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 6:47 AM

I just have special privileges. ; p

12. Re: Changing Screen Name?

Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Do you ever ;)

13. Re: Changing Screen Name?

Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 1:48 PM

It's been 9 days since my original post.
    Dom, I know this is not your realm, so please don't take it as a dig against you.

14. Moderator

Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 3:29 AM

I sent Wade a message on here.... I will see if he sees it in a couple days, if not will email someone else.
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna

15. Moderator

Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 2:58 AM

I never heard anything back, I will have to try and reach out to someone else via email.
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna

16. Moderator

Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 2:04 PM

MarleyBlue wrote:

Sorry about the delayed response.

It could be the browser you're using.

Firefox and Chrome are optimal (the lastest versions of course). Try this out, or if you're already using one or the other, please message me directly and I'll look into it further.

-Wade

17. Re: Changing Screen Name?

Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I use Firefox. Is there anyway Users can be sorted by User Name so I can see if these rejected ones really exist?

18. Moderator

Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:55 AM

You can search at /users, but more than likely, there won't be another user with this name.