Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

What happened????

Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 10:28 PM

I've been hosting GODSMACKDOMAIN.COM for about 6 years now.. its not mine but rather for GODSMACK FANS. You guys took me off the links.. I thought it was always about the fans, the ones that actually put you where you are now.. Can you tell me why???

GODSMACKDOMAIN.COM

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: What happened????

Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 6:09 AM

The world revolves around money. We all make choices on how to earn it and how to spend it. I do not believe for one minute that the money is all it is about for the guys. Music is their passion. Have you heard Sully speak about music, what it means to him, how it has changed his life?? Have you heard that Tony loves to play his guitar all the time? Robbie even took time to teach fans how to play the bass, and Shannon, well he is a machine and loves to entertain the fans. Everything in life revolves around money, but again, I don’t believe that is what motivates this band.

Does it matter where the money went for the VIP? We made a choice to pay the $$ to meet them and get a picture. We know that you will get a couple minutes at the most. Everyone knows that going in and when I made the choice to buy the VIP, I had to be ok with that. 2 minutes, a picture, and maybe a hug is better than nothing, especially when there are tons of fans that can’t afford to do it or do not have the opportunity due to the band not touring by them. I’m grateful that they do a VIP M&G and for every second that is spent with them.

As far as the signed poster and trinket from the Avalon show, I was able to get an answer. "We are currently awaiting the arrival of the posters back from Sully signed. As soon as we receive the signed posters we will ship your package. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience." I know it has been awhile, BUT, the man was on back to back dates touring Avalon, and then went right into the GS tour. He is busy, and I completely understand that he hasn’t had time to sign all the posters. Is it that big of a deal? For me no. Meeting him, talking to him, getting something signed, and a picture is worth every cent I spent on the VIP. I don’t need the poster even though I paid for it because what I really paid for was the experience, not the poster. The picture and autograph I received is worth WAY anymore!!

None of us know what is really going on behind the scenes. They may have a radio interview to do, or some dealings with management. Who knows, but until you walk a day in their shoes and know for sure, as a fan, just be grateful for what you get or choose to not spend the money next time. Keep in mind that we get paid for doing our job, and they deserve to get paid for doing theirs. They work their asses off on stage to entertain the fans….

2. Re: What happened????

Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 6:34 AM

TheDarkGift wrote:
    Forevah~Shamed wrote:
    I really don't think shes cryin or being greedy. I think she just feels like she got screwed. Which she did, by who ever promised her signed gifts. I don;t blame her, but its not GS's fault and felt that since money was being brought up I'd throw in my theory of where the money goes. BTW, apon investigation I found that the glass water had been sitting in its same location for 2 days and at the rate of evaporation over a 48 hr time period brought the glass to full at its original point.
    ~ I'm tougher then nails, I can promise you that~

apon?

She Will Keep You.. Forever.

http://the-dark-gift.deviantart.com/

Upon, feel better?
    ~ I'm tougher then nails, I can promise you that~

3. Re: What happened????

Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 10:26 PM

apon?

She Will Keep You.. Forever.

http://the-dark-gift.deviantart.com/

4. Re: What happened????

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 9:07 AM

BADBADKITTY wrote:
    Blah blah blah Elly you just like attention. As soon as another show comes up you will be paying for VIP again and complaining about that one too if the band doesnt stand there and kiss you ass because you paid to meet them.

If only this forum had a soundtrack, I'm sure Greed would be playing right now.

What I wouldn't give for a 'Like' button.