Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

VIP FEEDBACK

Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Hey all I wanna hear everyone's VIP experience feedback (good or bad) and would appreciate if we can keep them all in this thread.

This way if I have to direct anyone at Ground ctrl to this thread it will be easy and organized into one thread instead of scattered.

Thank You!
Dom
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dominique ~ Web Manager
Godsmack | Sully Erna
www.godsmack.com | www.sullyerna.com
godsmackinfo@yahoo.com | info@sullyerna.com

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 6:46 PM

As long as I get an auto, pic and handshake with a friendly bunch of guys(maria too) I will be happy, and I know you told me on fb your not makin the vegas trip I think you should get your hot self there :)

2. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I bought VIP tickets for the Belton show so here's my feedback... I really hope someone is listening.

The Good: The check-in, the autographs, and pictures went smoothly and seemed organized, although rushed. I liked going through the line twice, once for autographs, and then again for pictures. Gives you a little more time to observe and interact with them. The band was in a good mood and everyone was nice and friendly. The lithograph was nice quality.

The Bad: Lack of information!!! We didn't find out what time we were supposed to be there until less than 2 days beforehand... made it difficult to arrange for childcare and planning since we were coming in from out of town. It was stressful not knowing if we might miss an email with details with no idea who to contact if we needed or missed the info. We also had no idea ahead of time what was going to happen. How many things could we bring to sign? Could we take pictures? Was there going to be a photographer there? How do we get the pics if there is a photographer? We got our tickets 5 days before the concert in the mail... I don't see why a letter with more information couldn't have been included. This part was extremely disorganized and yet so easily remedied. The rumors were/are out of control about these VIP pksgs and ground(ctrl) needs to have a set standard and get this stuff straight. Social media is going to bite their ass one day. I don't want to hear the whole excuse of you never know what's going to happen and sometimes it's different and it's up to the band...while that may be true, there should at least be a baseline standard of information and what will happen at the M&G.

THE WORST: Having to go back out and stand in the very long line after the Meet and Greet. I didn't need/want to be let in early, but a VIP package should absolutely include priority entrance-- all we wanted was to be let in first when the doors opened. I paid FOUR TIMES as much as anyone else, but I had to go all the way to the back of line and then I wasn't able to sit where I wanted b/c I was behind 1000 other people (this one was all General Admission). Didn't exactly make me feel very VIP and will definitely make me think twice about purchasing it again.

Miss T

3. Moderator

RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Appreciate the feedback Misty! Thank you ;)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna

4. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 6:31 AM

No problem. I also have to add... it would be nice to know a general timeline of when our pictures from the M&G might be posted. I keep checking every 15 minutes and am getting nothing done... :-)

And, I think ground(ctrl) should update or just remove the note about VIP packages on Facebook. It lists things that were not included in our VIP package for Mass Chaos, and also says there will be no autographs or pictures.

It's really confusing to people with so much different information out there.
    Miss T

5. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Thank you Misty. I will be on a very tight schedule to make the Nashville m&g and this will be very helpful.

"find yourself and lose it at the rock show"

6. Moderator

Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:14 PM

MistyA wrote:
    No problem. I also have to add... it would be nice to know a general timeline of when our pictures from the M&G might be posted. I keep checking every 15 minutes and am getting nothing done... :-)

And, I think ground(ctrl) should update or just remove the note about VIP packages on Facebook. It lists things that were not included in our VIP package for Mass Chaos, and also says there will be no autographs or pictures.

It's really confusing to people with so much different information out there.
    Miss T

Are you talking about on the GS facebook?? I manage that page and can remove it. Ground ctrl built and powers this site and handles our VIP needs, but as far as posting and managing the sites/social networks goes 99% of the time it's me.
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna

7. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 5:57 AM

GS Web Mistress wrote:

Are you talking about on the GS facebook?? I manage that page and can remove it. Ground ctrl built and powers this site and handles our VIP needs, but as far as posting and managing the sites/social networks goes 99% of the time it's me.
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna

Yes ma'am, on GS Facebook. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=246254045414181. There's another one here: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=228113380561581

I had done a regular Google search for VIP info before I bought the tickets in Feb and this note came up that way. That's how I found it.

I really thought there had been another one... b/c I commented on one myself! But I can't find it anywhere or in my activity log... Maybe you already removed it? It had several people commenting on it in Feb when the Mass Chaos tickets went on sale, so people might have thought they were getting the things listed in it.
    Miss T

8. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 9:59 AM

So, is the "going to the back of the line" after the meet and greet a standard thing, or just an issue with Belton? I will be VIP tomorrow night in Corpus, and I have to admit, I'm gonna be pissed if they send us to the back of the line. I know the venue has 2 seperate gate openings (from previous shows where VIPs are lined up and granted access early.)

9. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 10:59 AM

James S wrote:
    So, is the "going to the back of the line" after the meet and greet a standard thing, or just an issue with Belton? I will be VIP tomorrow night in Corpus, and I have to admit, I'm gonna be pissed if they send us to the back of the line. I know the venue has 2 seperate gate openings (from previous shows where VIPs are lined up and granted access early.)

I don't know. But I have heard that they did the same thing at the New Orleans show.

I hope you don't have to! Have fun!
    Miss T

10. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 11:15 AM

MistyA wrote:
    James S wrote:

I don't know. But I have heard that they did the same thing at the New Orleans show.

I hope you don't have to! Have fun!
    Miss T

Well, I can look at this a few ways. I'll admit, I'm getting a little worked up about this whole situation now. So, let's look at the logistics.
    A Gold VIP costs $180. Now let's deduct the cost of the ticket. ($40) So, that means, you're actually paying about $140 for the opportunity to meet the band. From what I've seen, the M&G is rather rushed, so let's say you get about a minute worth of time totalled. (the signing of whatever you bring, and the time it takes to take a pic). I understand they're busy, have timelines, blah blah blah. I get it. But I also know that Sully will be doing a San Antonio aftershow with autograph session for $20 bucks on Wednesday. ( I understand it's not the WHOLE band, but you get my meaning). I'd like to think the hard earned cash that's put down for this experience is worth it. To pay that much for such a quick experience, and NOT have priority access will be a complete waste of money. This will be the first time I've ever PAID to meet anyone. All the other times (see my avatar pic) I happened to be in the right place at the right time to meet some awesome people. I'm just hoping I can come back here after the show and tell everyone it's absolutely worth it. I haven't seen them in a few years, and have been looking forward to this for a long time.

11. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 11:49 AM

James S wrote:
    So, is the "going to the back of the line" after the meet and greet a standard thing, or just an issue with Belton?

They gave us reserved seats for the Nashville Gold VIP. Section 115, Row AA right next to the stage. They are great seats and this takes away the issue of early access, but I have to admit I was disappointed that $180 didn't get me a floor ticket.

12. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM

razor_wire wrote:
    James S wrote:
    So, is the "going to the back of the line" after the meet and greet a standard thing, or just an issue with Belton?

They gave us reserved seats for the Nashville Gold VIP. Section 115, Row AA right next to the stage. They are great seats and this takes away the issue of early access, but I have to admit I was disappointed that $180 didn't get me a floor ticket.

Honestly, I have to admit that if I can at least get one of Sully or Robbie picks at some point I'll be happy. (I know Robbie plays with fingers, but he still has them).

13. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 1:54 PM

If you have reserved seats, you should be fine... it's the GA shows that the line could be a problem. Our show didn't have reserved seats for anyone, floor or otherwise.

Despite the irritations of the VIP thing, it was well worth the money for me and my husband to see them. They were very nice, they joked around with us a bit, and although you would think for that amount of money there could be more, it was still worth it. Next time tho, I will be hoping for a reserved seating show or I will definitely think twice about it.
    Miss T

14. MIA avatar MIA

Tue, May 1, 2012 at 5:20 AM

And that is weird. our show (last year) it was GA but Justin let us stay and grab up front or whereever we wanted. IF we left we took the chance of losing the spot but we were in before everyone else and didn't have to leave. I guess chalk it up to - What a difference a year makes.
    "e"

15. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Tue, May 1, 2012 at 3:22 PM

You know what really gets me ticked off? They have a reserved section of SEATS for VIP members in Syracuse... SEATS?? I think I've sat in a seat twice for Godsmack EVER (Rock the ink fest, Metallica tour)

I've sent emails to ticketmaster and groundctrl, and they can't help. So, the venue is to blame. I told them not even the biggest, black security guard they have will stop me from going onto the floor, IF we're not allowed. I mean, c'mon, Good day to die??!! I'm totally not sitting for that, and as far as I'm concerned, I think anyone would agree with me that no one can stop someone from jamming to their favorite band on the floor. We shall see.

Anyone have an experience so far that is quite similar??
    Mashed potatoes for eveyone

16. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Tue, May 1, 2012 at 3:39 PM

I totally understand your frustration... they sold all of our seats as GA, but some people weren't allowed on the floor in Belton. It was really weird.

I would try and not worry about it too much b/c there's not much you can do about it at this point. I hope it exceeds your expectations though and I think you will enjoy the show no matter what happens.
    Miss T

17. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Tue, May 1, 2012 at 8:37 PM

My only complaint about the meet and greet is having to go back in line after, the palms wasn't bad but still for the vip experience getting let into the venue first should be part of it.

All in all its very well organized and had a great time, forget the girls name that took the pictures but she was very good and funny not to mention cute as hell :) its great that gs extends this out to fans and it will be something ill never forget.

18. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Tue, May 1, 2012 at 10:54 PM

OK, so VIP in Corpus.... here is how it went down:
    Got email day before show saying to be there at 3:45. Was there plenty early. They didn't have any of the VIP gear at the gate, so we had to wait for that almost right up until when it was time to go met them. They took us inside the gates to a side stage waiting area (still outside). We ended up still waiting for about what seemed like 30 mins.
    Ok, I'll pause there for a second. We're outside. Still. SOUTH TEXAS kind of outside. In the sun. The band shows up (their tables are conveniently in the shade, so we were all happy to have them finally show up.) about 30 people in line, so basically, we pass by the table like cattle off to the slaughterhouse...get something signed, a handshake, yadda yadda yadda..rush rush rush.. Then they stand and herd us through the cattle line again for a QUICK PIC. Seriously, the photographer doesn't really give you a lot of time. And then WHOOOSH, we're off back to the gate. Shannon, Robbie, and Tony were having a lot of fun, and seemed to enjoy us being there. Sully seemed like he wasn't having TONS of fun, but we wan't exactly being a douche, either. So, I'd call it indifferent, maybe? I dunno. But it's all good..
    Now about the line thing...Before we went in, I asked the gatekeepers (that's what I call them) if we stay in the venue, or get shoved back out here, and she said we come back out, and maybe they'll let us in toward the front. After me and a few buddies do a little sweet talking, she seemed to sympathize with the fact that we paid A LOT of cash for VIP, and they had a separate gate for VIP that did open just for us, but at the same time as the others, so it was cool I guess. I was 2nd in line, so I got the spot I always get (front row, against the rail, just left of center stage.)
    Man Made Machine put on a good showing.
    Halestorm absolutely ROCKED the place (and I got Lizzy's pick, so it's a good day.)
    Staind. Oh Staind. It was cool to finally see them, but I have to say this. Good Show. I know Aaron Lewis is one of the greatest voices of this generation. I was also born and raised in South Texas, and I can honestly say I don't think I've ever seen anyone as stoned as he was. He had to have something going on, I don't know what it is, so I can only speculate. His voice still sounded amazing, so I guess it's all good, haha. Good Show though.
    Godsmack.......Eh. It was awesome to see them again. No Pyros, no Video screens. Just an ol' time ROCK AND F'N ROLL SHOW. They were ok, I would suspect this is not the best venue for sound, cause it seemed a little off as well. They put on a decent show, and the drum battle was awesome. They had NO ENCORE, which was strange. The last time I saw a show with no encore was 1982 when my parents took me to see Charley Pride. (Did I just say that out loud? Damn.)
    So, overall I would call the entire experience, eh Mediocre. It wasn't the best show I've been too, but got to see a good overall lineup.
    As far as the VIP experience goes. I don't know that I'll PURCHASE another. the phrase "meet and greet" would seem to invoke some sort of conversation taking place, not a quick comment through a cattle line, but maybe it's just me. I'm not saying it's a bad experience, cause you do get to be in the same room (excuse me, AREA) as them, and have them sign something. But I don't see how the whole price is worth it. Just my opinion. I suppose it's up to how much you're willing to spend to quickly say HI to someone and have them sign something. (when I won true Meet and Greet passes to meet Bret Michaels, he spent about 30 minutes with all of us (only about 10 people, and hung out and had some drinks (Coke for him) with us...to me, that's a meet and greet. Again, just my opinion.)
    But, at least I have a nice poster that's signed by the band that I can frame and put on my wall with all my other swag.....and a few decent pictures from the day.
    So, there it is. Not the best, but not bad either......hope this helps. Feel free to message me with any questions....
    ROCK ON!!

19. MIA avatar MIA

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 5:47 AM

What a great post! I did laugh at the cattle line.. it's so true. That is what you feel like. It's all Rush, rush rush.... we're seeing Godsmack...not Rush! But i'd do it again.
    And no encore..... wow!
    I guess I'm glad I can't afford the $1250 for Aerosmith to M&G just Steven and Joe, oh how I'd be pissed if I was rushed. LOL

Sounds like you had a great time though. I would think for VIP's they'd have prime seating/spots. I can't imagine having to go back out side and wait with everyone else.

"e"

20. RE: VIP FEEDBACK

Wed, May 2, 2012 at 5:56 AM

Great post. Thanks for filling us in. And lucky you being able to sweet talk someone! There were two entrances for us too, so they could have easily done it. Still irks me.
    Miss T