Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Broome County Arena Show - May 13th 2012

Mon, May 14, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Well, here I am...after battling runny/squiggly eggs @ Denny's resturant last night after our show. Not a pretty sight...I can assure you! UGHHH....
Even though my friend Gregg showed up on crutches after a mishap 2 nights prior & we had to get seats instead of standing up front, and my damned cellphone battery shitting the bed before Godsmack came on (I'm waiting for Gregg's pics to be emailed to me)....we had an awesome friggin' time! The Meet & Greet went real smoothly - Robbie chatted me & several other's up while autographing whatever we brought (just one please...Lol), Shannon, Tony and Sully were somewhat more reserved....Sully, we believe, had just woken up! The staff & security (arena), were to be commended. We were allowed back outside tosmoke, bring loot to the vehicles, etc...and allowed back in for choice of seats & merchandise.
BrookRoyal took the stage first and while they were pretty decent, the sound wasn't very good. The bass drownded the vocals and lead guitar out something terrible. Probably low-end soundboard. Lzzy & crew were damned good and we ended up grabbing 3 autographed cd's between sets, so we can check 'em out more thoroughly when time allows. And yes James....I'm sending you one this week! As well as sending Elly one of our lithos, although we didn't have it autographed. Hope you don't get disappointed, because we gotz something else for you as well (will message when I get time). Staind put on a fierce show and hadn't Godsmack played.....they would have stolen the show. Sorry Halestorm...although you kicked ass BIG time!
Then Sully & the boys hit the stage....and hit it hard! They seemed to really sync last night & had a ball doing so - Robbie kept snagging geeetar picks from both Sully's & Tony's mike stands, and sending off into the crowd. The drum battle was probably as good as iveEVER seen.....!! All in all....best show I've seen to date, and this is #5 for me!
"C."

Replies to This Posting

1. MIA avatar MIA

Re: Broome County Arena Show - May 13th 2012

Mon, May 14, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Great review!!!
    I'm ok not autographed. I'll meet them again LOL, I'm sure of it.
    Glad you had an awesome time!!
    "e"

2. Re: Broome County Arena Show - May 13th 2012

Mon, May 14, 2012 at 7:22 PM

So glad you had a good time! But I'm starting to be really jealous that they are letting VIPs in now... Maybe somebody really is listening!

Miss T

3. Re: Broome County Arena Show - May 13th 2012

Mon, May 14, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Did you see your pics are up?!
    Miss T

4. Re: Broome County Arena Show - May 13th 2012

Tue, May 15, 2012 at 6:00 AM

We saw the pics were up before we even got home...SURPRISED!! Wasn't expecting it to show up for a day or 2. Our friends we went with are either before us or after our picture ( wearing black GS shirts).
    I also forgot to say just how interactive Sully was while onstage. He twice just stood in front of speakers & messed around with his guitar....as well as taking several time outs, to talk to crowd. I never have seen them mess around with each other than this concert....it was definetely "One For The Books"...!
    "C."

5. MIA avatar MIA

Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:41 AM

excellent pix for the 4 of you!
    "e"

6. Moderator

Tue, May 15, 2012 at 9:44 PM

If you want, feel free to leave your VIP experience feedback here for me here: VIP FEEDBACK

It going to help us better the experience for future shows :)
    Thanks!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dominique ~ Web Manager
    Godsmack | Sully Erna
    www.godsmack.com | www.sullyerna.com
    godsmackinfo@yahoo.com | info@sullyerna.com