Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

ECB avatar ECB

Manchesta' Show

Sat, May 19, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Great show; was my first live event with Godsmack and it reminded me of early Metallica (pre-1998).

Even though stage was small and crowd was weak at times their effort was still top-notch. Awesome to hear Sully calling out people sitting and watching the show vs getting off their butts and being an active participant.

At age 40 I've seen a lot of shows and will definitely be seeing them again.

Staind was better than expected; good live band. I would see them as a headliner, especially in a smaller theater style arena.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Manchesta' Show

Sat, May 19, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Manchester?
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

2. Re: Manchesta' Show

Sat, May 19, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Godsmack performed in Manchester, New Hampshire a few days ago. I guess people there like to drop the superfluous letters at the ends of names and replace them with a fancy a'. New Hampsha'-like.

3. Re: Manchesta' Show

Sun, May 20, 2012 at 1:44 AM

I thought he meant England.
    We like to talk big, vampires do. "I'm going to destroy the world." That's just tough-guy talk.The truth is, I like this world. You've got, dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. billions of people walking around like a happy meal on legs.

4. Re: Manchesta' Show

Sun, May 20, 2012 at 4:41 AM

Initially, I did too.

5. Re: Manchesta' Show

Sun, May 20, 2012 at 7:49 AM

People in that area have a Boston accent, like Sully. See info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_accent
    Miss T

6. Re: Manchesta' Show

Sun, May 20, 2012 at 8:26 AM

I love a thread were several of us focus on the minutiae of a person's opening post and proceed to have a civil discussion about it at length. It is one of the many endearing qualities of this board.

Honestly, I am not being at all sarcastic. I really do enjoy it. That is probably weird, but I don't care.

7. MIA avatar MIA

Re: Manchesta' Show

Sun, May 20, 2012 at 10:28 AM

We all enjoy it. And I kinda like how it runs into whole other topics, we are learning lots here
    "e"

8. Re: Manchesta' Show

Sun, May 20, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Exactly.

And in addition to the potential to learn, although that is often the motivating factor, sometimes I also just leap into a conversation strictly to see what dumbass thing it may eventually lead me to type.

9. ECB avatar ECB

Re: Manchesta' Show

Sun, May 20, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I'm not from the area - grew up in IL so I don't have the accent but found it funny that was how Sully addressed the crowd after they opened with Awake....Manchesta', New Hampsha'.

Most folks from here who are in show business spend years and thousands of dollars (See Mark Wahlberg) trying to get rid of the accent.

10. Re: Manchesta' Show

Sun, May 20, 2012 at 4:25 PM

When/where did you see Metallica pre-1998 ECB?