Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Auburn Review

Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Finally got to get out of my smoke covered town, wildfires have blanketed eastern washington for weeks. Anyways most of you are probably looking for a godsmack review but ill give the others bands some love too

First thing I did when I got there was head to the best buy tent to purchase my cds, I was suprised when they handed me the good times bad times greatest hits cd. I also got stainds cd and stood in line for them first. Really nice bunch of guys of course aaron had a cig in his mouth but eagerly shook my hand as did the rest of the band.

Next I stood in line for godsmack and the early rumblings were that sully wasn't there but on the sign it did say limited members. Many had there cds signed but I got a print out of the meet and greet I had with them in vegas, Shannon signed first and even though they said one item he eagerly signed my stepsons cd and shirt as I talked walking dead with him. Tony shook my hand and signed but didn't say anything, Robbie looked my picture over and I told him where it was and he asked if I was goin to the show next week in vegas but I was like nope just this, this time.

Next I stood in line for shinedown, really nice guys and they all looked you in the eye and shook my hand. Says alot to me when they'll do that because it feels more personable to me. Been an off again and on again fan of wrestling for years but always liked chris jericho lead singer of fozzy so met them too and they not only signed my cd but a poster as well. Talked to chris quite a bit and he even personalized my poster to me.

Didn't get to the main stage until staind but could hear adeletas way and sounded pretty good. Staind was amazing, aarons vocals are incredible, he did get pretty pissed at some douche with a lazer pointer. Set list was same as the other dates.

What can you say about Godsmack that wow doesn't cover. The energy they put out is amazing. Even got a relign horse shit remix, the wind had shifted and was bringing the local cow farms smell over the ampitheater and it hit sully so much he missed a few words saying what's with the horse shit. Pretty funny. He blamed Tony for the smell. Sully really played the crowd, talked quite a bit and though the set was 11 songs, its so much fun, it just flys by.

Shinedown was last and no offense to them godsmack just killed it, and shinedown was good and had pyro but can't match godsmacks energy. Was cool when the lead singer came within like twelve feet of me to do there simple man cover, which he does an awesome job of.

No one will probably read this novel, but hey I had a good time. Sure sully didn't sign but hey robbie, tony, and shannon are awesome and really glad I got the chance to meet them again. Uproar has been lots of fun all three years I've gone to them, lots of standing in line but for the price of a cd you get to meet the people that made the music that's touched you in some way and that's a bargain to me.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Auburn Review

Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Great review. The horse shit part was hilarious. Sounds like you really made the most of the band singings.

2. Re: Auburn Review

Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 12:08 PM

now i read it and good review

3. Re: Auburn Review

Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Last nights show was AWESOME. I thought it was funny too that he mentioned the horse shit smell! It was bad for a few minutes! I love when Sully talks to the crowd! He is soo good at pumping everyone up! I also thought it was funny when Robbie wouldn't let the guy who came out to get the guitar stand out of the way get past him to get off the stage! Lots of fun!
    *Nikki Lovely*

4. Re: Auburn Review

Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I would probably mention the horse shit smell too. lol. I agree nothing like the energy when Godsmack is playing.

5. Re: Auburn Review

Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Great review.