Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

GS Rocked Iowa!!

Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 2:32 PM

The show Tuesday night (8/23/2011) was Freaking Awesome!! We had VIP & it was worth every penny. All the guys were great and Robbie Merril is one of the nicest guys on the planet!! There were only 9 people for the VIP event (hard times in Iowa?) so we had a few extra minutes per person/couple. The sound check was fantastic. They played Vampires, along with Oracle, two of the A** Kickinest(?) instrumentals ever played by anyone anywhere! The Oracle was part of the regular set too, so getting it twice in an evening was unbelievable! As always the show was super high energy

Shannon went through the bass drum head, just by playing, during Voodoo and they had to change it out in the middle of the set! Sully said it was the first time it had happened in 15 years of touring. Thankfully it was just before the drum battle, which is always the highlight of the show. We were up to the fence in front, in the middle of the stage, for the whole time (all 3 bands) and it doesn't get any better than that. My husband stood behind me with his arms around me and held the fence so I didn't get crushed. It was so awesome; I just rocked out through the whole show with hardly a worry. At one point, during a song, Robbie grabbed one of Sully's picks off the mic stand and tossed it right to me, what a guy! Then, I actually caught one of Shannon's sticks!! That was too cool, especially since I kind of skinned my knee at Mayhem in St. Louis, going for a stick he through that bounced off my hand. Best souvenirs ever!

After the show, when Shannon came out he spent time with the fans by the busses and signed autographs & took pictures with anyone who wanted one. I was waiting for my husband to come back outside and I heard someone call my name. I turned around and it was Robbie! I mean it, he is so nice. He called my name twice, because it took me twice to realize someone was calling me, and he was even talking to someone already. It really made the night for me.

I'm embroidering the tribal sun logo on a piece of linen. They all signed it and I'm going to embroider their names too. It will be so cool when finished - someday. I've got 8 hours in it already and I'm not even done with the outlines yet!

Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to get to Vegas for the 48 hour festival and where the money for the Shiprocked cruise is going to come from...

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Re: GS Rocked Iowa!!

Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 8:07 PM

elly wrote:
    hmm i'll have to have a look....btw....i like your name...minus the rose and number lol. Luna is one of my most favourite names ever...hmm why am I not Luna instead of elly??? hmmm
    "e"

LOL, that's cool. That's not my real name though, it's my magical name. My real name is Jenny. I chose luna cuz I love the moon, and I like roses a lot! lol
    ~Jenny Ann~

2. MIA avatar MIA

Re: GS Rocked Iowa!!

Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 5:53 AM

ahh i figured it wasn't your real name. but i love Luna. if i ever get another dog, it will be female and named Luna. I just couldn't see naming a male dog Luna...but i wanted to. it's such a cool name....and one of my tattoo's is the moon....for your same reason....Luna!
    ahhh white roses for me....

nice to meet you!
    "e"

3. Re: GS Rocked Iowa!!

Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 3:06 PM

must have been hard to find a power outlet to plug in all their band stuff in the middle of a cornfield.

http://the-dark-gift.deviantart.com/
    http://world2.talesofmagic.co.uk/?c=1&u=402009671

4. MIA avatar MIA

Re: GS Rocked Iowa!!

Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 4:41 AM

extra long extension cords is what i heard, then on the other side they had people pedding around to create energy.....ok sorry lol that was dumb....sticking with the long extension cord....extention?? entension?? ah, you get what i'm trying to say. it's early.....
    "e"