Close

Stay up to date with Sully, Tony, Robbie and Shannon by signing up to The Awakening, the official newsletter for Godsmack. Regular updates will be sent straight to your inbox, giving you the latest on album releases, tour dates, ticket sales and more.

All fields must be completed in order to join the mailing list.

Mailing List

Email :

What's your best godsmack memory? And how did you get into them?

Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 7:10 AM

I'm 19 and i've been listening to Godsmack since 1999, and yes i was very little, in 2nd grade to be exact! I had the first Cd because my dad had it and i remember loving it thinking it was the heaviest thing ever! As the years went by i kinda got into more metal stuff and still listened to them though. In 2004 i saw them with Metallica twice and they blew me away, i went and bought Awake, Faceless, and the Other Side! I was blow away by them, i never thought of them as such amazing artists, until seeing them live and then digging into their albums! Now that i was a huge fan i was on board with anything Godsmack. 8th grade came around and the IV album was about to come out and i was so excited cause this was going to be the first Godsmack album that i was waiting for. I heard Voodoo Too, Bleeding Me, Speak, and Shine Down before the album's release, this was around the time when people leaked songs through myspace. But i was so in love with those songs and when album dropped in April of 2006 it was the guide to my life! I was going through tough times in my life, death, family issues, you name it. But it seemed as though sully was going through a lot at that time too cause of the letter he had posted about a friend of his passing away, and some of that letter was included in One Rainy Day. But none the less, that album not only was amazing, but it really got me through the hard parts of my life. I could go on about how amazing The Oracle is and how amazing they are live, but any true Godsmack fan already knows that! I'll just end this by saying the best moment for me was meeting sully june 5th 2011 in pittsburgh on his solo tour for Avalon, and i can honestly say that day was the most perfect day of my life!
-Stefan

Replies to This Posting

1. There is nothing to display yet, check back soon.