1. SteelCity'SmackFan85 avatar

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 6:58 AM, SteelCity'SmackFan85 said:

The first Ozzfest I ever went to was in 2000, and I had started listening to Godsmack a couple years prior to that, and their stuff was just so edgy and raw, it had a real down-to-earth, gritty, pissed-off feel to it, it just captured what I love about metal & hard rock in general. Then I saw them live...total game-changer. The line-up that year was amazing (Soulfly, Disturbed, Static-x, Godsmack, Pantera, and Ozzy), and out of all of those great performers, Godsmack were the ones that stood out the best, they just poured their souls into their performance & demanded to be heard by the audience. I was on-board ever since then, and just like a good cigar or a good bottle of wine, they have gotten oh so better over the years :).

2. Anne-MarieCooke avatar

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 9:45 AM, Anne-MarieCooke said:

Ok we use to do secret santa in our family for the cousins because we have a huge ass family so I got my cousin whom is into Metallica, Anthrax, Led Zeppelin, etc. So he asked for the first GodSmack album so my mother and I went to get it and I wanted to listen to it but my mother forbid me because of the parental advisory so OF COURSE once I gave it to him, we sat there and listened to it for hours and I was hooked. Thanks Matt, I love you lmao. I have all albums plus Avalon I love their music very inspiring and there is always a song for the mood you are in. Haven't got to see them yet, was suppose to in August but didn't work out.

3. Sicilia avatar

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Sicilia said:

Definately couldn't agree with you more, they kicked ass at the concert I went to in the beginning of August, all of them out on a fantastic show!!

4. Reddragon avatar

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 9:06 PM, Reddragon said:

Ok ok here ya go - was workin 1 day n coworker playd few songs off 1st cd n i imediately went hell yea n went n got it n it all started n have em all but great hits 1 but do want for LZ cover was great. I saw them on Faceless tour Breaking Benjamin n another band i missd opend for them was totally a awesome nite. People i knew was goin met me there. Was first big arena concert id seen n was blown away by Godsmack of course. Fave song damn near all of em their music lyrics n everything can always relate to 1 way or another just way life is n things happen their music n words are bout life n shit happenin.Awake is a main fave coz of the drum bridge n lyrics along with I stand alone n so many of them hard to put a fingure on just 1 -- Mistakes - Voodoo -Faceless- Love hate - Speak also top fave - The whole Other Side love aucustic - Hollow - ETC. ETC. Godsmack just ?$@~ rocks plain n simple

5. Sicilia avatar

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 8:13 PM, Sicilia said:

Lol, thank God for rock adding to being rebellious teenagers!

6. Reddragon avatar

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 7:52 PM, Reddragon said:

Well that suck bigtime but ya turned out fine sweet endin tho lol. Ahh i remember sneakin out of the house n walkin around town n bein bad teen

7. Shane D avatar

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 7:51 PM, Shane D said:

Well Steve Haworth is a good friend of the family... Connected with the enigma, Jim Rose. Yadda, yadda. They toured together... Check out some movies like flesh and blood, and modify. they are on netflix. Not for the squeeemeesh

8. Sicilia avatar

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 6:25 PM, Sicilia said:

Well, my story is the typical, rebellious teenager story, with a little of a twist to it. I spent my entire childhood growing up in foster care, with a not so very nice foster mother. My real family was non existant, for all intents and purposes, I was very much alone. After a particularly foul beating from my foster mother, I snuck out of my house to see the movie, the Scorpian King. After the movie was over, and the credits were rolling, the song I Stand Alone came on, and I was tranfixed. I was into Eminen, Snoop Dogg and 50 Cents at the time, as well as the Thong Song, (god, I can hardly believe it now), and after I heard that song, I instantly switched to rock. Or, the Devil's music, as my foster mother titled it. So, my tastes ran towards Godsmack, Marilyn Manson, Korn, System of a Down..... yadee yada yada, all played exceedingly loud to annoy my mother. I found out all I could about Godsmack, and they are still my favorite band to this day. I Stand Alone seemed the epitome of all the independance that I still enjoy to this day...............

9. Reddragon avatar

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Reddragon said:

Glad ya came to ur senses then but was plenty of rock out there then too lol

10. Edward avatar

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Edward said:

Well to keep it simple, I am a fan because they kick ass, and they saved my musical life. Back when I was like 12 years old, my sister had a couple of GodSmack videos; I Stand Alone; Awake and Straight Out of Line. Back in those day I was a poppy little fagot, I was in to Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Back Street Boys and shit like that, I listened to Aeorsmith, Nickelback and Bon Jovi as well, but I wasn't realy in to that. So one day I watch those GodSmack videos and it totally changed my life from there. I started searching for more information about them, more videos and albums, and well, the rest is history :). I thank GodSmack every day for putting me out of my misery and in to this great world of Rock and Roll. And sex and alcohol of curse;).
    What's your story?